Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

Switch to Forum Live View life to death in 50+days
10 years ago  ::  Nov 13, 2007 - 4:37PM #1
pandorahouston73
i feel like i need to tell my story.....i am 34 hyper woman that had found the love of her life......happily married for 4yrs...living and loving what life had to offer....my husband bruce was 46 worked alot and loved it...then one day he didnt feel so well thought maybe it was his heart....well it wasnt it...after some tests they found cancer....then not just a few months later he is gone.......i am so broken hearted...i feel as though my backbone has been removed.....i feel hollow for a lack of better terms.....i just need to hear that me not wanting to see anyone or talk and just wanna be alone is normal.....or is it........i am so confused.....
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Nov 13, 2007 - 4:37PM #2
pandorahouston73
i feel like i need to tell my story.....i am 34 hyper woman that had found the love of her life......happily married for 4yrs...living and loving what life had to offer....my husband bruce was 46 worked alot and loved it...then one day he didnt feel so well thought maybe it was his heart....well it wasnt it...after some tests they found cancer....then not just a few months later he is gone.......i am so broken hearted...i feel as though my backbone has been removed.....i feel hollow for a lack of better terms.....i just need to hear that me not wanting to see anyone or talk and just wanna be alone is normal.....or is it........i am so confused.....
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Dec 11, 2007 - 11:27AM #3
toodietex
I know what you are going through.  My fiance was diagnosed with cancer in May 2005 and he passed away in September 2005.  (My Mom passed away a month earlier, and I didn't have time to get through that loss before I had another loss.)  I didn't want to be around anyone or talk to anyone either.  All I wanted was to be with him.  I think that is part of the grieving process.  People grieve in different ways.  I did finally find that you have to talk to someone, whether it is your pastor, hospice, or just a friend that will listen.  Don't hold your grief inside of you, you have to grieve to get better.  There are stages that you will go through in this process. 

Sometimes you just have to make yourself get up and get going.  I know that Larry wouldn't want me to be unhappy.  He always kept telling me "I just want you to be happy".  Of course, he was the one that made me happy!  When he was gone I felt so alone.  It didn't matter how many people were around me, he wasn't there and I was not complete without him.

It's been over two years now and I still miss him and my Mom and always will.  I still have times when I cry alot but not as often as I used to.  When that happens, I just hear him saying "I just want you to be happy".  Through my faith, I know without a doubt, that he will be waiting for me when I go to the "other side" and what a joyous reunion that will be!  I thank God for letting us be a part of each other lives, even if it was for a short time on earth.  We will be together for eternity one day.

I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook