Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next
7 years ago  ::  Nov 10, 2007 - 12:37PM #1
shinelight
Hi everyone,
I wanted to make a post about this because as I'm sure most of you know, it is an important practice for people of a spiritual nature as it ensures a healthy energy flow and heals all kinds of manifestations of fear.

I will give an account of how I personally cut cords but I would love to hear about any other methods or stories related to this. Lets share wisdom :)

I had been cutting cords for years not realizing the significance of what I was doing until I read about it in a book by Doreen Virtue.

Here's how I do it. (I follow Doreen's method since it's more defined and effective)

I call upon Archangel Michael and Archangel Raphael.

I ask that Archangel Michael cuts any cords which extend from me to any other person, place, habit, situation or object. I ask that he uses whatever tools necessary and that it is done in divine order and for the highest good of all people involved.

I then ask that Archangel Raphael surrounds each person, place object situation or habit with healing light and that the fear is healed in all directions of time.

I thank these angels and all of heaven for their love and healing.

OK for those people who are totally new to the concept of cord cutting!!

Cords are etheric channels which extend from each of us. Every time you come into contact with another person you become attached to them  by two cords. A cord of love which cannot be harmed or destroyed, and a cord of fear. The cords of fear can be harmful because the fear felt by the other person travels down the cord to you!

Have you ever found yourself feeling low in spirits, or agitated and not known why? This is generally caused by fear traveling through these cords and effecting your energy levels. It doesn't mean that the other person is trying to harm you - it just means that you need to remove the fear between you.

Simply follow the steps above or if you have another way you feel more comfortable with use that. I do this on a daily basis and I find that it makes a huge difference to me.

I hope this helps and of course if you have any questions at all please shoot! there are amazing teachers on this board who are here to help us all to understand spirituality.

Hugs

Cleo
xxx
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Nov 10, 2007 - 1:42PM #2
Stardove

Excellent advise shinelight. There are also ceremonies to cut the cord. IME we get corded to those we have relationships with. Sometimes it is necessary to cut these cords, especially if we no longer want the energy from those if the relationship ends. Every one does leave energy behind. For me it is important to clear energy from objects like shopping carts, chairs, rooms, etc. when I am out in public. I say a prayer for energy to be removed from object and I am protected from any negative energy. Keeping our middle chakras closed when we are out and about is very important. Only the crown and base chakras need to be open. But perhaps we need another thread to get into the chakras.

Beliefnet Community Wide Moderator ~ Peace Love Stardove
Problems? Send a message to Beliefnet_community

The words I speak and write carry energy and power, so I choose them with care and clear purpose. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Nov 10, 2007 - 1:54PM #3
GreenEyedLily
I agree that is really good advice!

I too have been cutting cords - not in the same technique but that is definitely one I would like to try!

Just a note for those newer to this - just because you cut a cord with someone doesnt mean you cut the relationship with them necessarily - it just means that you break the attachment that could be harmful in some ways.

I remember once I kept getting terrible mood swings - an ex of mine kept coming to me in dreams and really bothering me, and it took me awhile to put 2 and 2 together.  The mood swings were related to things this person was experiencing in his life ( I found that out from a mutual friend as my ex and I have ended relations).  He came to me in one particular dream (I wont get into it here, but I have tested the astral theory with this person with eerie results - I would ask something in a dream and he would answer in real life) anyhoo...in one dream I took control of it - paused it so to speak and grasped the cord that attached us and cut it.  Wont get into details as it was a painful thing at the time, but since then my mood swings have ceased (to a degree I mean I AM a women hehehe).

The method I use is to bubble me and the person I am cutting cords with in a purple bubble for protection, and see Gods light shining down upon us, I take out a golden pair of scissors and grasp the correct cord and cut it - asking for it to be surrounded by light - I thank God and that person for the experiences that we shared and ask to move on in light and love. 

Another aside:  I was taught that if you arent meant to cut a particular cord you wont be able to. 

Sometimes I choose to just do a ... cord cleanse, and surround myself in my shielding method of choice, and visually go through the cords attached to my heart and cut the unneccesary ones!

Its quite...a nice feeling after you are done - you feel as though a huge weight has been lifted off your shoulders.

Okay have I babbled long enough? hehe Ill stop now - great topic though!!!
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Nov 12, 2007 - 1:05AM #4
Seeker24
A very wise lady once told me that for those who cannot visualise to "cut the chord" a good solution is to, either mentally or physically, put a picture of the person who is worrying you into the freezer.  This 'freezes' that person out of your life.  It works!
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Nov 12, 2007 - 2:08AM #5
Stardove

Seeker24 wrote:

A very wise lady once told me that for those who cannot visualise to "cut the chord" a good solution is to, either mentally or physically, put a picture of the person who is worrying you into the freezer. This 'freezes' that person out of your life. It works!

I have to admit I did freeze a picture of an evil person a long time ago. Taking him to court probably helped too. Or it could have been the toughest lesson in A Course in Miracles for me to do...... Sending love to an enemy............Did all of the above..............and something worked. Thank you God. :o

The words I speak and write carry energy and power, so I choose them with care and clear purpose. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Mar 11, 2008 - 9:51PM #6
Stardove

Bump..................... I'm bumping this because the subject came up.

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Mar 16, 2008 - 6:59PM #7
BlackUniGryphon
Wow! That helped allot!

I feel kinda dumb about a cord cutting I tried... usually when something would bother me, i would imagine cords and then cut them in my mind, and I would feel better...

BUT.... I had an issue with a friend of mine whom hurt me so badly, and I was so upset, whihc of course changed to anger. I was sooooooooo mad, that I tried so hard to cut this cord! MOst of the time, when I would see a cord, it would look like white strings... but, the cord to this person was thick like a black cable (like the type whihc hook in the TV).  But, i was so mad, that the cord wouldn't cut! This made me even more angry, and I was even angry at myself!   { :-O

I thought: Hey! this is my mind! So, this is my imagination, and I should be able to cut this cord!  So, I tried cutting this cord, and making the cord be cut! But, as I would cut through this cord, it would be back agin as tho' it had never happened!

So, since it was still in my mind, I switched from cutting it with snippers, to razor blades, then rozor blades, to hatchets, then axes, and even tried with a sword! I kept trying to hack away at that cord! But, no matter what I did, as soon as the blades would pass through it, it was as tho' it never happened! I remember sitting their for 3 hours trying to cut this cord! All in vain....

after afew weeks, I felt less angry about it... and I kept getting this message about forgiveness... so.... I guess some cords aren't meant to be cut...

I feel realy dumb about it....

But, I'm glad I read this today!

Thanx!
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Mar 17, 2008 - 11:19AM #8
Rivermom
Now that your anger has lessened is the cord still black?  Try sending some love along it and see if the color changes.  I'm thinking blue for some reason.  I felt the black was from all your anger, since your cords were white.

Rivermom
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Apr 01, 2008 - 8:29AM #9
Spirit-Wind
Wow.  This is a new idea to me, but it makes sense.  I started working with it last night and this morning.  I guess as long as we pray for the best for all involved we don't have to worry about any harm.  So, this gives a feeling of freedom to practice even if we (I) don't fully "get it" yet. 

I have used a little visualization.  (I've been a Shakti Gawain fan for many years).  The first post does not use visualization at all.  Rather it uses prayer.  I'll try this as well.  Thanks for the thoughts.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Mar 04, 2012 - 12:51PM #10
DianeNYS

Can cords be cut by someone for other people? If the other person is aware of Angels, willing to be helped by them, and wanting to have some problem fixed, can you as a loved one cut their cords to harmful behaviours or people? If done with love and no harmful intents for that other person?

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook