Page 5 of 5  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5
Switch to Forum Live View Senate Panel Probes 6 Top Televangelists
7 years ago  ::  Jan 14, 2008 - 9:22AM #41
Sacrificialgoddess

davelaw40 wrote:

Can't, taxing even fake religions violates over 400 years of common law- it won't ever happen.

Never been a fan of tax exemption. Seems to cheat the rest of us.

Dark Energy. It can be found in the observable Universe. Found in ratios of 75% more than any other substance. Dark Energy. It can be found in religious extremists, in cheerleaders. To come to the conclusion that Dark signifies mean and malevolent would define 75% of the Universe as an evil force. Alternatively, to think that some cheerleaders don't have razors in their snatch is to be foolishly unarmed.

-- Tori Amos
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Feb 06, 2008 - 11:44AM #42
Beautiful_Dreamer

mainecaptain wrote:

Maybe I shouldn't say anything, but if everything is on the up and up, no one should really mind. If everyone is innocent of wrong doing. And I will presume they are since, it is the USA.
then those invloved should be happy to hand over their documents. Since they are sure they will be exonerated. Just my two cents

Peace to all

I agree. I think refusal to turn over the documents shows a guilty conscience. I understand if someone refuses 'on principle', but I thought clearing one's name would be more important than a principle in this case.

I also see something else happening. I know a lot of people in this country already think Christians are hypocrites, bigots, cheats, and otherwise not to be trusted. These accusations and the appearance of guilt will be taken by some as proof of their beliefs being true. If one of them turned over their papers, they would not only clear their own name (if they are innocent), but would clear the name of Christians in general.  It is difficult to remember, but what one of us does can reflect on all of us, and also reflects on Christ.  And if they were guilty, I would have much more respect for them if they admitted their wrongdoing and repented.

More where that came from...

Writing I get paid to do

Beliefnet Community Host - Christian Faith and Life, Christian to Christian Debate
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Feb 06, 2008 - 12:00PM #43
Beautiful_Dreamer

Ashtorah wrote:

By the way, I can't stand most televangelists, and living near the TBN headquarters it sickens me to see how much money goes into having a luxurious corporate headquarters as well I'm sure as the televangelist's pocketbook. It saddens me that so much money is going for uncharitable things. Unfortunately, people who contribute to those organizations are led to believe that the more money you give to "God", the more He will bless them.

And more often than not, the people really did not have the money togive. Also, I have been around a lot of people who listen to these televangelists (particularly Dollar and Copeland, and Meyer and Hinn to a lesser extent) believe that monetary success and health are signs that God has favored them, and they believe that they can get these things by having enough faith/believing right/praying the right way, etc.  So they give money they didn't really have to get something that isn't really promised in the Bible, or to get out of the trials that the Bible clearly says we will all have. I really feel sorry for people like this, because their entire house of cards is based on the words of these televangelists and will fall down entirely once any of these people turns out to be wrong.

More where that came from...

Writing I get paid to do

Beliefnet Community Host - Christian Faith and Life, Christian to Christian Debate
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 5 of 5  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook