Page 1 of 5  •  1 2 3 4 5 Next
Switch to Forum Live View How Do You Find/Acknowledge Your Spirit Guide?
7 years ago  ::  Nov 04, 2007 - 11:20AM #1
FaeoftheMoonxo
I'm not exactly sure how to find mine, and it's slightly vexing...
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Nov 04, 2007 - 11:59AM #2
shinelight
Hi there!! (I'll just call you Fae if that's ok :) )

There are lots of ways to connect with your guide and the main problem most people have when trying to connect for the first time is that they expect what can only be described as a "religious experience" with the guide or angel appearing to them and having a face to face conversation. This happens very rarely and usually only to people who have been in touch with their guide for a long time or have planned the experience as part of their life's mission.

Everyone is different and as such we all connect with our guides in different and unique ways. however here are some very general guidelines for connecting with your guide.

1: ask for help and have faith that your guides and angels are listening to you.

2: don't expect to hear the answer whispered in your ear - it's really difficult to do that since our own thoughts are always chattering away and can lead to confusion.

3: watch out for signs and coincidences - this is how our guides and angels communicate with us the most. You might ask a question and suddenly the most eerily appropriate song comes on the radio... things like that!!

4: take for granted your guides are there - because they are! Talk to them like you would an old friend, pour out your heart and give them permission to help you - they can't do anything unless you ask!

5: meditation, oracle cards, dreams and pendulums are all quick and easy to use tools for communication with heaven.

I hope this helped you Fae :) give it time and don't expect miracles straight off - although the miracles will happen in their own special way.

One other thing. I don't know how you feel about animal spirit guides but there's a thread called "power animals" here on the spirit guides board and I'm giving free readings. If your'e interested just post there asking for a reading and I'll be writing them up later this evening

Hugs

Cleo
xx
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Nov 04, 2007 - 1:51PM #3
Janene
Hi,  Thankx for your info. on spirit guide's !!!   I used to see Crow's in the past.! ! I also Have Strong feeling  for : the    Lone Gray Wolf &  ( All Wolves )  But, Lately,  and, in PERSON  I Have REAL-LIVE DEER's   COME_UP   to     ME !!!  I, Feed Them  Apples Sometimes !!!  THEY  COME -UP  to  ME,   apples, or, not ???      Do  YOU    Know   What   THIS    ALL  MEAN'S ???     Thankx,  Janene
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Nov 05, 2007 - 11:21AM #4
Rivermom
Hi Janene, to me it means you are a very, very special person.  Deer are very shy and do not approach humans without fear.  You have been given a gift.  One very similar to that of St. Francis.  Wild creatures were not afraid to approach him either. 

I think you were asking about animal guides as opposed to spirit guides.  Animals can bring us messages and the deer may be doing that.  I have forgotten all I knew and the sites I found them on.  Try to google animal totems and see what you can find.  Each animal does bring its own meaning.  The animal guides usually come to us in our dreams.  Who visit you as you sleep?  Who goes before you as you journey in your dreams.  The eagle  leads me and I love the dreams where we fly together. 

When we talk of Spirit guides we are usually referring to someone who has passed on and is by our side to help with particular stages of our life journey.  They are the ones who guide us to the people on earth who can help us with our questions.  They speak to us with our own inner voice to caution us.  Have you ever had an inexplicable urge to go somewhere  or felt the need to stop in your tracks only to be avoid a disater or have something wonderful happen to you?  These are our guides at work.  The more we listen, the more we hear. 

I hope I have been of some help to you.  Use what feels right and discard the rest.  My guides are  telling me to get off the computer and start getting ready for my job interview this afternoon.  So I wish you a wonderful day and many blessings in you search for meaning.

Blessings
Rivermom
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Nov 07, 2007 - 9:14AM #5
spiritalk
The tool used for contact of spirit (from within to without) is meditation.  We learn to find our own, personal place of peace to bring calm and harmony of body, mind, spirit. 

When we have rested and refreshed in our peace centre, we invite our spirit guide to join us - through various techniques.  I suggest you supply a symbol and a seat for your guide to join you in your special place.

Being consistent in all aspects - place, symbol, seat - aids the process over time.  Be open to receive on all aspects (5 senses + intuition + I know).
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Nov 08, 2007 - 1:52PM #6
AZKaren
I would love to find and get to know my spirit guide and my power animal. I love animal and am anxious to know what animal mine is...I think I could connect better if I know what is is I'm hoping to hear or see. I have had so many strange/odd things happen but I am not putting two & two together to understand it. I know they are signs for me to help me.I talk to my guides although I just do not hear or see them.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Nov 10, 2007 - 10:23AM #7
spiritalk
Make a purposeful meditative attempt to connect - there are many techniques for this to understand the process.  See the animal thread for information on the meanings of animal guides.  The methods to connect are the same  - no matter who the guide is - use all your 5 senses + intuition - from the gut + I know - from the heart.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Nov 10, 2007 - 10:52AM #8
Feinics
forgive me if this has been asked before.
But does everyone have a spirit guide, and if you try to contact your spirit guide but are slightly aprehensive would this put off yer guide from contacting you?

Blessings

Ruth
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Nov 11, 2007 - 12:42PM #9
Marcyy
I do not believe in animal or spirit guides and think people who do are simply deluding themselves.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Nov 11, 2007 - 1:46PM #10
Feinics
I accept your beliefs but calling people deluded is disrespectful to those here that are kind enough to share their knowledge with others and unhelpful to people like me who are here to learn.
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 5  •  1 2 3 4 5 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook