Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2
6 years ago  ::  Nov 11, 2007 - 8:40PM #11
bob2
[QUOTE=AintKatie;55106]Bob A member got up and expressed her joy that we were no longer using candles for this portion of the service. It seems that, before the glass pebbles, there were candles..and the last time they were used, this woman's shirt shirt got a little hot and smokey..all ended well and now everyone can laugh, she said. And she said our minister SWEARS that's not why the candles were never used again..but she claims she doesn't quite believe it. ;) 

[/QUOTE]

I think that's why other religions often leave the candles to the professionals ;-)
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Nov 11, 2007 - 9:40PM #12
Thaklaar1
And by professionals, you refer to 8 year old altar servers?  I don't recall having any trouble with them...and no alter boy jokes, please.  ;-)
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Nov 12, 2007 - 7:44AM #13
bob2
Hello Thaklaar,

BTW   PT Barnum did take up organized religion. He was a Universalist !  Perhaps the originater of that joke didn't think Universalism qualified as "organized"?   ;-)
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Nov 13, 2007 - 4:03AM #14
Thaklaar1
Hello bob,

I've been using that as a sig off and on for a few years now, and I did not know that.  Although I always took it to mean *running* a religion rather than membership in one.  And, I love being UU, but organised..?  Heh heh.  ;-)
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook