Page 3 of 4  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 Next
7 years ago  ::  Nov 16, 2007 - 3:17PM #21
Lily05
Lily is my daughter's middle name (born 2005)

because the Easter Lily is my favorite flower

because it reminds me of Jesus and his love for us --- "He's the Lily of the Valley, the Bright and Morning Star......."

also I need the reminder not to worry  (Matthew 6:25-34)
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Nov 16, 2007 - 4:33PM #22
sola1scriptura
[QUOTE=Unitedbygrace;28963] How did you pick your screen name?  Is there a spiritual meaning behind it or did you just use something convenient? UBG[/QUOTE]

I chose the screen name "sola1scriptura" because I wished to express my belief in the Holy Bible as the inspired Word of God. The expression "sola scriptura" is a Latin term that reflects the affirmation that the Scriptures alone constitute the source of sacred revelation for the Christian age.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Nov 16, 2007 - 6:57PM #23
Anesis
Hi, Sola1~
Welcome to the Evangelical Christian forum on Beliefnet. I don't recall seeing you before (please forgive me if I am mistaken). Are you new to Bnet? Well, anyway, amen to your name! I'm looking forward to your participation.
An
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Nov 16, 2007 - 7:04PM #24
Unitedbygrace
Sola Scripture,

Great name.  As a biblical counseling student, one of the most important things we were taught was that scripture alone was able to solve our problems.  God's Word is profitable for doctrine, reproof, instructions in righteousness, etc.  Scripture alone is the source of all truth!  Praise god for His holy Word.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Nov 17, 2007 - 6:27AM #25
sola1scriptura
Anesis and Unitedbygrace, thank you both for the welcome! Yes, I am fairly new to Beliefnet. I believe many problems would be solved if people would believe in “sola scriptura.”
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Nov 24, 2007 - 2:51PM #26
Called2serv

I chose my screen name (called2serv) because when we are saved, we're called.

2 Timothy 1:9,

"Who has saved us and called us with a holy calling--not according to our works, but according to His own purpose and grace; given to us in Christ Jesus before the world began."

As Christians, we are all called to serve God and serve man... in the love of Jesus Christ.

In Christ,

mark
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Nov 24, 2007 - 3:01PM #27
friendofsaints&angels
I chose friend of saints and angels because I think it takes the guess work out of what faith I am (catholic), But first and foremost I love GOD. And I honestly didn't come on this website to argue or bragg about my faith, and truly want to dialogue with people, and share ideas,prayers,spiritual guidance tips, etc. But sometimes I just get tired of seeing my faith get kicked around so much.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Mar 02, 2009 - 9:55PM #28
lori-dee-3

I really like the thought most of you put into your user names. Makes me wish that when I signed up that I would of gave it more thought as well.

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Mar 03, 2009 - 10:06PM #29
Anesis

Welcome, Lori-Dee! Have you been around Beliefnet long? We just got this new look, and we're still getting used to it. I hope you enjoy making your way around and come to the EC board often.

POC, I love that! Prisoner of Christ....do you have the reference for that? I'd love to read about Paul's bondage to Christ. I have an avatar on another site I moderate, where the hands are raised in praise, and they are tied together. I use it because I place myself in bondage to Christ, but don't have the scripture for it. I think that is very cool!

An

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Apr 07, 2009 - 8:37PM #30
Safehaven

My dear sister An,

Enjoyed reading through this forum this evening.

I noticed that  you asked about Paul's saying that he was a prisoner for/in Christ about a month ago and I would direct you to ephesians 4:1.

My name comes from stray animals being sent my way, I believe, by the Lord that I might love and care for them.  I have never had to buy or adopt a pet,  They just show up at my door.  I am their safe haven.  Praise the Lord!!!  The birds,squirrels, opossoms, groundhogs and once a raccoon enjoy/ed my backyard.

Last Spring a mama cat had her babies in the back of our yard.  She was feral, so we were never able to touch her, but once she weaned them she took off and left them in our care. Why would she choose our yard if she wan't lead to do so?

God bless all who enter here!

Your Sister Annita aka

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 3 of 4  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook