Page 1 of 4  •  1 2 3 4 Next
6 years ago  ::  Nov 01, 2007 - 10:40AM #1
steve123
Steve123 - Steve's my name and I am just a plain old midwest guy that's not too creative.  I used to be PetraPraise because I like Petra the rock group, but with changes at beliefnet, they used my original screenname steve123.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Oct 28, 2007 - 8:23PM #2
Unitedbygrace
This may or may not have anything to do with Christianity--it all depends on you!  My question is, How did you pick your screen name?  Is there a spiritual meaning behind it or did you just use something convenient?  Perhaps there is another reason why you picked the name you did.  Anyone want to share?

UBG
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Oct 30, 2007 - 10:58AM #3
Anesis
Great question, United!

Before the x broke my hand, I was an aromatherapist and massage practitioner. I operated a home business called Anesis Bodyworks, which means relaxation and restoration. It is used twice in the Bible, iirc, once when Jesus went across the lake with his friends for rest. Because I was a Christian, I wanted something that would reflect my beliefs, so my pamphlet had a personal statement of belief as well as two verses, and when people asked about the name, I could tell them that even Jesus needed restoration and relaxation.

How about your name? I've always guessed it to mean that it is by the grace of God that you have found your husband. Am I close?
An
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Oct 30, 2007 - 12:01PM #4
OnewayOneLord
[QUOTE=Unitedbygrace;28963]This may or may not have anything to do with Christianity--it all depends on you!  My question is, How did you pick your screen name?  Is there a spiritual meaning behind it or did you just use something convenient?  Perhaps there is another reason why you picked the name you did.  Anyone want to share?

UBG[/QUOTE]

I picked my username because it reflects my belief that there is 1 way to establish a right relationship with  God, there is 1 Faith, 1 Lord, and 1 baptism. 1 Mediator between God and man, the man , Christ Jesus. Hence the name One Way One Lord.

Eph 4:4  [There is] one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling;

Eph 4:5  One Lord, one faith, one baptism

Eph 4:6  One God and Father of all, who [is] above all, and through all, and in you all.

Act 4:12  Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

Jhn 3:16  For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Jhn 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

1Jo 5:12 He that hath the Son hath life; [and] he that hath not the Son of God hath not life.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Oct 30, 2007 - 4:01PM #5
TalithaKuom
Shalom Aleichem!
I took my screenname from Mark 5. When Jesus raises the dead girl to life, He says, "Talitha kuom" (lit. 'Lamikins, wake up.").
May I ask what your screenname means? :)
Peace of Christ!
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Oct 30, 2007 - 4:05PM #6
davelaw40
My name is David and I'm a Lawyer in my mid forties-nuf said?
Non Quis, Sed Quid
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Oct 31, 2007 - 11:39PM #7
Unitedbygrace
Hello Everyone!!  You all have some great names and great inspiration behind them!  Anesis, you are pretty on target about what my name means.

I was a single Christian for a long time--well divorced and then became a Christian and remained single many years.  Anyway, when I met my husband and while we were engaged, we knew we wanted to serve the Lord together in some sort of ministry.  "United By His Grace" was our view of ourselves and our wonderful upcoming life together.  We were made new in Christ some time after each of us had divorced and were given this second chance at a godly marriage and life with aeach other later on--and all by God's grace.  It stood for our salvation and how we are united to Christ through God's marvelous grace, as well as standing for how His grace allowed us to be united to one another.  We decided that if we ever had a formal ministry of our own, the name would be United By His Grace Ministries.  That day has not come yet, but we do use the name in other areas.  I shortened it a little for my name here, leaving out the "His".

Anyone else care to share?
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Nov 05, 2007 - 1:16PM #8
ProBMan5
Peace of cake
ProBMan5

Pro meaninf produce b/c thats my job
BMan b/c thats a nickname people call me
and 5 b/c my birthday is in may (5th month)
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Nov 05, 2007 - 1:51PM #9
Gennykaye
Mine was an old nickname given to me by my BFF in elementary school.............:)

We lost track of each other when my family moved when I was in high school....:(

I use it so that I never forget her!!! :D
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Nov 05, 2007 - 1:51PM #10
Gennykaye
Mine was an old nickname given to me by my BFF in elementary school.............:)

We lost track of each other when my family moved when I was in high school....:(

I use it so that I never forget her!!! :D
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 4  •  1 2 3 4 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook