Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2
Switch to Forum Live View I Want My Husband Back!!!!
10 years ago  ::  Oct 28, 2007 - 3:21PM #11
dorothysweeney
Oh my God, Lisa:

I was out - always leave my computer on "away" and saw I missed your IM.  I'm so glad to finally hear from you - I was worried sick and so was Kim.  She and I have been emailing back and forth and she always tells me to let her know if I heard from you.

Dysfunction - LOL - Oh hell - believe me, that is so not funny but I have that all around me - a crazy sister in law and mother in law.  Self absorbed - please - neither one of them was there for me when I lost my mom - then my dad - and then my son - so I would never expect much from either of them - ever.

I'm so sorry to hear about this - but I believe with all my heart that those who live a lie - it catches up with them - sort of like that old saying - what goes around comes around.  But, I can't believe your mom and brother aren't answering your calls. 

You listen to me right now - you have an inner strength - YES - you do.  You might not feel like it right now but believe me, it's there.  You keep digging for it and digging - you'll find it - and then, go down again but you will get back up. 

I'm so sorry you have to go through this right now - some people think money is everything - how sad for them.  Don't get me wrong - I would love to hit the damn lottery (LOL) - move out of this messed up neighborhood and provide a better life for my kids but so it goes - we do have a home and there is love in these walls of mine - craziness, too - but where there is love, there is positives - and that is also what you need in your life right now.

I'm so glad you posted - I will email Kim and tell her to come here.  In the mean time, if you want - there is a wonderful group called "coping with our losses" - cd kelley is the moderator and she is like a sister to me - they are all like family to me there.  Just click on groups and you will see it - please join - you will always have someone to talk with there as wll as here, too.

Thank you for posting - I was so worried about you.

Hugs, Eileen
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Nov 03, 2007 - 6:01PM #12
thumblina1
Lisa, sorry to hear about your husband passing away. I am guessing from your post that he passed away this past July. So this is the first big holidays you have to face right? You know what hospice told me to do to aid me in the first big holidays?! They told me to change my way of celebrating. That it was OK to change how I celebrated. If I did not feel like doing it the same way or if it was to difficult to then change it. It's OK to change it then next year if you want to go back to the old way of celebrating. But holidays are the worse. For me it is Easter. That is when hospice was first called in. So every Easter I feel a little worse.
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Nov 14, 2007 - 11:36AM #13
Andrewf
The dead are with us but in a different form.  They do not respond to grief, only to gratitude.  Grief is a selfish attitude while gratitude is a loving attitude.  For much more information about this, go to www.spiritualsciencebiblestudies.org.
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Nov 25, 2007 - 10:19PM #14
Abailey36
Hi everyone! I lost my husband on Sept. 4th 2007 from an accidental electrocution in our home that we both built for the last 2 years.  The true love of my life was 31 years old, and perfect!!!!!  I really don't have a lot to say right now other than I am hurting and taking it one day at a time. I have two beautiful girls ages 2 and 9 who I live for. My day consist of praying all the time.
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Nov 26, 2007 - 4:27PM #15
mary38
hi i understand you totally i lost my husband on April 12 2007 and it feels like it was yesterday. So i know exactly how you feel. it is a journey that takes a long time to make it through. my prays are with you.
mary
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Nov 27, 2007 - 1:37PM #16
acbailey036
Thanks a lot Moogle!!!! God Bless
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Dec 25, 2007 - 2:03AM #17
Norrie
I too lost my husband; in May. Today is Christmas Day, and I really don't know how I feel. I feel empty because my best friend is gone, and we were together last year. How can life change so quickly, and your husband be there one day, but the next moment he's gone. He went so fast I never really got to say the things I wanted to say, and tell him how very much I loved him. I'm also grateful for my sons, and my parents and special friends for sticking by me. I decided this holiday that I would talk about Gerry (my husband) whenever I thought of him, whether people want to hear it or not. No one really understands what it feels like to lose a mate unless they have been through it themselves. My step-children are no longer speaking to me, so I don't have that family link anymore. They convinced our landlord to let them into our home, and the day after the funeral went into the house and took almost everything that belonged to my husband, then came back 2 days later and took more. It took me until the end of October, with the help of an attorney, to get a few of the things back. Now I'm taking my landlord to court for attorney expenses. It is all so very stressful, and very tiring. Grief is a hard thing to deal with. I will send out some prayers for you. Christmas blessings.
Norrie
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook