Page 5 of 7  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Contacting your Angels
6 years ago  ::  Nov 01, 2007 - 1:01PM #41
shinelight
I think it's largely because it's considered to be a part of dealing with "the other side" - almost akin to mediumship. And that although having a guardian angel is a big part of Christian spirituality, actual interaction is not encouraged unless the angel appears - and even then the church would take some convincing whether it was true or not.

IMO it's a measure of control but naturally it's something I must respect because dealing with spiritual beings of any kind is a scary thing for a lot of people - even though we who do it know that it's a wonderful life affirming practice which speeds us on our pathway to God. The churches tend to think of it as a step too far - and that God doesn't permit us to interfere with the other side.

I was raised as a Catholic and educated by nuns. Largely a negative experience for me but since I'm in such a Catholic counrty (Ireland) I have to deal with it, so no point in holding grudges :)

Hope this helps and I sincerely hope that my opinions do not offend any practicing Catholics!

Love
Cleo
xx
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Nov 01, 2007 - 2:35PM #42
Dawnelsouthwick
[QUOTE=GreenEyedLily;37986]Okay I am curious why contacting your angels or having them be a part of your life would be against Christian faith?  I really dont know all that much on Christianity but I always thought that angels were a big part of their faith and religion?  Could anyone explain that a bit better to me please?[/QUOTE]
Lily,

How refreshing--I love to see a perspective that is not bound by "religious rules and prejudice"

As for me, I was raised in a Christian church (all Christian churches are not the same), and it was frowned upon sternly to look beyond reading the Bible-and they taught that King James is the only true one, and worshipping God in the name of Jesus. Anything outside of that was questioned as from the Devil. 

It is hard to overcome those teachings that the church puts upon its people in a harsh way, so when someone is coming from that paradym, it is difficult to be set free from that bondage and release into the LOVE that is truly God.--seperate from CHURCH rules, especially if you respect the Elders or teachers of those ideas.

I have taken many years of letting go of what the "Church" teaches as the truth and turning to the Creator of all to embrace the love that God really is (for me anyway)

I really like how Cleo responded as well to your question.

I too do not want to hold on to any bitterness or anger against the "Church" as it is only other people trying to find what is right, and those same people with those teachings, hopefully, are becoming enlightened with the Love of God now too.

I am not trying to tell anyone else how they need to be, I am only sharing from my own perspective.

love

dawnel
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Nov 02, 2007 - 9:43PM #43
kiteonabreeze
when I was a child I can't really remember a time where I didn't know guides/angels were there.  I had many of the occurences happen to me that people describe here like hearing your name called, seeing them out of the corner of my eye, waking to them calling me, strong intuition, seeing them full on etc.....  But lately it is almost like a disconnect from it all.  I shouldn't say lately because it wasn't a sudden thing, I just didn't realize it was happening until that feeling that it was gone.  Then it was like wham... now what?  don't know if it's stress or what and really I don't even know when it started happening, now it all feels gone.  sorry i have no eloquent way to describe it except feeling normal and like something is missing.  It's not like I did much to encourage it in the first place, but when I started to meditate regulary my experieinces increased but now nothing. not even my intuition seems to "be working" lol for lack of a better term.   has anyone ever experienced this?  if so what do you recommend?
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Nov 02, 2007 - 9:43PM #44
kiteonabreeze
when I was a child I can't really remember a time where I didn't know guides/angels were there.  I had many of the occurences happen to me that people describe here like hearing your name called, seeing them out of the corner of my eye, waking to them calling me, strong intuition, seeing them full on etc.....  But lately it is almost like a disconnect from it all.  I shouldn't say lately because it wasn't a sudden thing, I just didn't realize it was happening until that feeling that it was gone.  Then it was like wham... now what?  don't know if it's stress or what and really I don't even know when it started happening, now it all feels gone.  sorry i have no eloquent way to describe it except feeling normal and like something is missing.  It's not like I did much to encourage it in the first place, but when I started to meditate regulary my experieinces increased but now nothing. not even my intuition seems to "be working" lol for lack of a better term.   has anyone ever experienced this?  if so what do you recommend?
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Nov 03, 2007 - 4:18PM #45
GreenEyedLily
Thank you Cleo and Dawnel!  I dont have anything against the Church, my family as I was growing up taught me about God and Jesus and angels...but never forced me to believe in anyone thing.  They said it would all fall into place - which it has Im happy to say.  However I do love to learn about different religions, and in all honesty Christianity and Catholisicm(sp?) intrigue me!  As long as someone isnt trying to 'save' me then I keep an open mind!  Very interesting, I can see how very devout people would feel that venturing away from their God could be a negative and frowned upon thing, and perhaps by interacting with angels they would feel that they are putting angels above their God? 

Kiteonabreeze...
What you describe seems very natural to me - from my experiences.  I have also helped a few people through those times.  You see, from my understanding of it there are times in our lives when our guides/angels feel we need to go it alone.  Now alone doesnt mean they arent there - they are always there - dont doubt that.  I am just coming out of what I call a silent period - or a dark night on my path - where communications from my guides are rare, as are any 'psychic' occurances etc.

These times can last anywhere from days to months and perhaps even years depending on what is needed.  My main guide told me a long time ago that we dont always see the stars in the sky - but we always know they are there.  Guides are like stars - we dont always see them or feel them - but we should always know they are there.

Take a time out  - that is what I recommend.  Meaning - dont stress about this, understand that your guides and angels feel that you are strong enough to face whatever challenges lie ahead without their constant guidance.  And know that if you really do need them - they will let you know they are there with you!

I hope that helps!!
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Nov 03, 2007 - 8:08PM #46
kiteonabreeze
Lily,
thanks so much for the reply. I have to say I have been stressing out about it a little.  Even though I know that they are still there, not being able to feel them there or see anything I feel like somthing is missing.  I am glad to hear it has happened to others though.  I find it funny that I didn't even notice it was happening and when i finally realized that gone feeling I started to think back and It has been a couple years.   but no matter,  I found your words very encouraging and a nice reminder that they are still around me. 

ty
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Nov 03, 2007 - 9:19PM #47
GreenEyedLily
No Problem Kiteonabreeze!

Ya know - I didnt realize I was going through this last one till I actually started feeling them around again?  And I thought hmm...thats odd...I didnt even notice! LOL Except I did feel a little lost and couldnt understand why - now I do!

Maybe just ask if they are there still - you may get a response!
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Nov 04, 2007 - 8:45AM #48
spiritalk
[QUOTE=kiteonabreeze;41552]when I was a child I can't really remember a time where I didn't know guides/angels were there.  I had many of the occurences happen to me that people describe here like hearing your name called, seeing them out of the corner of my eye, waking to them calling me, strong intuition, seeing them full on etc.....  But lately it is almost like a disconnect from it all.  I shouldn't say lately because it wasn't a sudden thing, I just didn't realize it was happening until that feeling that it was gone.  Then it was like wham... now what?  don't know if it's stress or what and really I don't even know when it started happening, now it all feels gone.  sorry i have no eloquent way to describe it except feeling normal and like something is missing.  It's not like I did much to encourage it in the first place, but when I started to meditate regulary my experieinces increased but now nothing. not even my intuition seems to "be working" lol for lack of a better term.   has anyone ever experienced this?  if so what do you recommend?[/QUOTE]

Pierre Teilhard de Chardin:  We are not a human being having a spiritual experience.  We are a spiritual being having a human experience.

When we are too caught up in material living - our relationships at home, work, play - we do not acknowledge the spirit within.  That is where it all start - within.  When we encourage and live in the spirit all else will fall into place.

Seek ye first the kingdom of heaven (spirituality) and the rest will be added unto you.

Some intuition and guided feelings seem to disappear when we are too caught up in the material world.  As this is the temporal part of our life, it would appear seeking the spiritual may be more beneficial.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Nov 04, 2007 - 10:26AM #49
joannes0
[QUOTE=kiteonabreeze;43154]Lily,
thanks so much for the reply. I have to say I have been stressing out about it a little.  Even though I know that they are still there, not being able to feel them there or see anything I feel like somthing is missing.  I am glad to hear it has happened to others though.  I find it funny that I didn't even notice it was happening and when i finally realized that gone feeling I started to think back and It has been a couple years.   but no matter,  I found your words very encouraging and a nice reminder that they are still around me. 

ty[/QUOTE]

Hi there,

I'm new to these parts, just found the forums, but I hope it's okay if I jump in here? I don't know the ins and outs of my gifts yet, or what God would have me do with them, but I've been blessed with archangels as my spirit guides. Ever since they "came out of the closet" so to speak and more fully into my life, they've become like a part of me. So when I read your thread, about not being able to feel or hear them, I connected with it. I've some trouble from the dark side of spirit, and at the moment am going through a healing process, from past traumas, so I like to keep them close to me, but from time to time, over the last 5 years or so, since I first began to experience them, my angels will step back, and I won't feel them around me at all. In fact, unless they're interacting with me, or giving me a very strong message, I can't feel them for the most part. But I know that feeling well, that something is missing. I hate when they step back. lol I'm only just beginning to trust that they're still there. I don't always know why they widen the circle and give me more space, but when it happens, I too notice that my gifts seem to disappear as well, they aren't as strong, and it leaves me feeling really vulnerable.

That being said, I hope it doesn't sound rude to ask this, but have you asked them to come forward? Often times I get the sense that they step back so that I can live my life. I believe they're giving me room to breathe, but my main guide, Archangel Metatron, is always telling me to call out to him. If I'm afraid, call out to them and they'll come forward. He said once, "hold out your hand to me, I'm always here." I hope that doesn't sound offensive or that I've missed part of the conversation somewhere and you already do this, but if you don't call to them, they won't come forward. if I don't ask for help, they won't help me, they assume that I want to do alone for a while (cause sometimes I do). But on occassion, there have been times when they couldn't help me, that what was happening to me wasn't something they could help me with, they could lend me their support, but for the most part, I *had* to do it on my own, I had to learn to stand on my own two feet.

Anyway... I hope this helps somewhat. If you haven't already, try asking. That's all I hear you have to do to speak to your angels in general--ask them for help. And then watch for the subtle signs thave they've heard you.

Peace, love and light. :)

~Joanne
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Nov 04, 2007 - 3:40PM #50
esthechica
Cleo,

What do you think of using a journal for angel communication.  Like someone here was talking about - writing a question, and then waiting for the answer and writing that, see how it evolves.

I have all of the same questions these people do - and it gets muddled sometimes with your own thoughts - sometimes the answers aren't coming through clearly, and sometimes they are clear as a bell.

Are angel oracle cards effective?
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 5 of 7  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook