Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

Switch to Forum Live View Losing someone close
10 years ago  ::  Oct 15, 2007 - 11:54PM #1
EmeraldGuardian
Hey guys,

Something I get on and off...It was around the beginning of summer that I lost the best woman in my life. For the longest time, I was desperate, going on a plane to see her, wanting spellcasting services, but all to no avail. Currently I'm single and planning to stay that way for awhile to say the least. Now I suppose I'm used to the new reality. I've even felt my spiritual nature mature now that I have time to myself. But still...there are times she pops up in my head and I can't get rid of it, no matter how much it hurts. So I don't know...I'd greatly appreciate any advice on how to handle this. Thanks so much.
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Oct 22, 2007 - 10:03PM #2
thumblina1
I think what you are describing is totally normal. I did the same thing when I lost someone I loved. When It appeared I had gotten over it  or gotten over the trauma of loosing them I'd get sad all over again and just fall apart. Only you know when you are ready. But I will say you need to give yourself to grieve and there is no set time for that. It can take years or months. It all depends on the person. I can remember feeling guilty for feeling happy and that my life was moving on. After a while I felt was silly since my loved one would want me to move on and not stay sad all the time.
Good luck, It does appear you are on the road to getting better. Just don't rush it. Give yourself time.
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Oct 26, 2007 - 1:31AM #3
EmeraldGuardian
I think that's some of the best support I've gotten so far. Thanks so much for your time to talk. I admit I didn't deal well with it AT ALL for awhile. Even now my attitude about it is abit blech but as you said I'm handling it with time. Again, thankyou so much for your consideration!
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Nov 14, 2007 - 11:43PM #4
drawkcab
[QUOTE=EmeraldGuardian;1905]Hey guys,

Something I get on and off...It was around the beginning of summer that I lost the best woman in my life. For the longest time, I was desperate, going on a plane to see her, wanting spellcasting services, but all to no avail. Currently I'm single and planning to stay that way for awhile to say the least. Now I suppose I'm used to the new reality. I've even felt my spiritual nature mature now that I have time to myself. But still...there are times she pops up in my head and I can't get rid of it, no matter how much it hurts. So I don't know...I'd greatly appreciate any advice on how to handle this. Thanks so much.[/QUOTE]

Thirty two years ago, my mother went through what you are going through now. Linda was killed by unknown assalents while trying to help some one, they both died. She was 28 years old, 1 year, 8 months younger than me, her big brother. She was killed on easter morning 1968. for years I felt that God had taken her for some good reason, but didn't learn until about 12 years ago. perhaps this will help you; Isaiah 57:1,2; The righteous perisheth, and no man layeth it to heart: and merciful men are taken away, none considering that the righteous is taken away from the evil to come. He shall enter into peace: they shall rest in their beds, each one walking in his uprightness. Trust God to help you, He will.
drawkcab
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Nov 15, 2007 - 8:33AM #5
sky2005
I will send healing prayers to all of you!!

Emerald guardian, sometimes I really believe when a loved one pops into our head, its them checking in on us, its them thinking about us and just letting us know they are our guardians. Your username here says a lot and I do believe our loved ones become our guardians and I have posted this poem that I wrote in loving memory of my grand and son but I feel it may be of comfort to all of you here!!

God bless always.

A celebration of life!!!

Whenever our hearts are touched with the passing away of a loved one, we may find it differcult
to come to terms with our grief and loss.

During these times of our inner healing, some of us may experience feelings of deep remorse and regret
and may silently contemplate on things we could have done, or wished we have said. Other times we may sense
a feeling of anger where we feel our loved ones have left us all alone to continue our life without them.

In whatever way we experience our sense of loss, there is a part of us where we feel, we have so much we need
to say and share with them and we may feel our chance has been taken away.

During these times of emptiness, Our aching hearts may be yearning and wanting, as we realise just how much
more we truly loved them and needed them, and our only wish and longing is to have one precious moment,
where we can embrace them, feel the love of their warmth for just one last time and to tell them just how
important they have enriched and enlightened our lives.

As time passes by, we may doubt our hearts will never heal, but to honour our hearts and our loved ones
is to celebrate the meaning of their life with ours, for both of our life’s has a divine purpose.

We can continue to bless their divine presence in the depths of our being, thanking them for all the
wisdom they have taught us in their precious life, and we can raise our hearts with a glowing smile in
rejoicing that their spiritual soul is growing in love and understanding, transferring their healing love to us, whom
they have never forgotten, and as they continue to evolve, they become our divine heavenly guardians, blessing
the same growth for us, by encouraging us to always remember.................................................................

That just as our Holy Divine Father exists, and his life is truly eternal, so too are our loved ones, and..............
just as we believe that our Lord is here, continuously loving us and guiding us, so too are our loved ones present!!!

Peace Pam
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Nov 19, 2007 - 7:04PM #6
jimvance
Dear Mom & Dad.
     I just want to say something that I never did tell you when you were alive, I LOVE YOU. I wish that we could be together this year, but I know that we will be together when GOD calls me to Heaven someday. Dad, GOD called you to Heaven on 1/19/1987, Mom, GOD called you to heaven on 8/29/1989. I think of you everyday. I sometimes cry when I think of you. I have plenty of memories of both of you. I have someone in my life that I know that you would love as much as I do. Her name is Colleen. I just wish that you could meet her. She is very beautiful. We would like to get married someday. On the day that we get married, I wonder if GOD will let you come to my wedding? I know that you can't be there in person, but maybe GOD will let you come there to see your son get married.
     I lost my Father to cancer in 1987. My Mother passed away two years later in 1989. Basically, my Mom died of a broken heart, she couldn't stand being away from my Dad. There are times where I think of them & I'm OK. Then there are times where,around certain days, like certain holidays, their birthdays & the day that they both passed away where I think of them & I feel sad. Sometimes I cry thinking of them. I know that they are in peace now that they are together. I'm looking forward to the time when we get to see each other in Heaven.
      I LOVE YOU MOM & DAD.
      Your Son, Jim.
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Nov 19, 2007 - 7:04PM #7
jimvance
Dear Mom & Dad.
     I just want to say something that I never did tell you when you were alive, I LOVE YOU. I wish that we could be together this year, but I know that we will be together when GOD calls me to Heaven someday. Dad, GOD called you to Heaven on 1/19/1987, Mom, GOD called you to heaven on 8/29/1989. I think of you everyday. I sometimes cry when I think of you. I have plenty of memories of both of you. I have someone in my life that I know that you would love as much as I do. Her name is Colleen. I just wish that you could meet her. She is very beautiful. We would like to get married someday. On the day that we get married, I wonder if GOD will let you come to my wedding? I know that you can't be there in person, but maybe GOD will let you come there to see your son get married.
     I lost my Father to cancer in 1987. My Mother passed away two years later in 1989. Basically, my Mom died of a broken heart, she couldn't stand being away from my Dad. There are times where I think of them & I'm OK. Then there are times where,around certain days, like certain holidays, their birthdays & the day that they both passed away where I think of them & I feel sad. Sometimes I cry thinking of them. I know that they are in peace now that they are together. I'm looking forward to the time when we get to see each other in Heaven.
      I LOVE YOU MOM & DAD.
      Your Son, Jim.
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Nov 29, 2007 - 7:19PM #8
MarleneEmmett5
[QUOTE=jimvance;81298]Dear Mom & Dad.
      I LOVE YOU MOM & DAD.
      Your Son, Jim.[/QUOTE]
Jimvance:
I've just read your letter to your late parents. I lost my mother in 1974 and my dad in 1986.
I still cry sometimes about my mom.
I wrote a letter just like you did~ I do all of my writing on cd-rom,this way if I want to read it I can .
As the years go by you'll find that things get easier~you'll still remember them~ but with love.
A few months back I got a "blast from the past~ a cousin played me a tape of my late parents.
They had been visting my grandfather in the hospital~ my aunts & uncles were also there.
My cousin played me this tape right after we had buried our step- grandmother"
It had been 33 years since I had heard mom's voice and 21 since dad walked the earth.
I have lost many people who I've been close to~ My way of "handling it" is this:
When someone dies, I tell a relative that "well, there's a party going on in Heaven".
This came about after I had lost a very close uncle~ and he was buried in the same cemetary as my dad~
I walked over to his grave and said "Hi,dad~Uncle Norman is on his way up to visit. Have a glass of Chivis Regal
with mom & Grandpa Izzy ~ Include the rest of the family."
I told this to a cousin's young son when he was 6~he's now 16. This helped him to accept his grandfather's death.
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook