Switch to Forum Live View What do you like about your church?
7 years ago  ::  Oct 13, 2007 - 3:51PM #1
Beliefnetsabee
What do you like about your church? Please share your wonderful stories with us.
I always remember that for every word typed there is a real person sitting behind the keyboard.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Oct 21, 2007 - 7:02PM #2
nevillenosher
I like that part of the United Church comes from the Social Gospel movement.  The church I attend does outreach providing meals and a place to sleep for homeless folks in Calgary.  Also, the church I attend was built in 1912 and has an amazing pipe organ and is just a cool space to sit down and chill out and be at one with Creator.
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Aug 02, 2010 - 12:57PM #3
Patricklongworth

I've only recently joined a United Church but what I like about it is that it is in a small, pleasant building near where I live.  The people are friendly and welcoming.  Most of them are not of my generation but I am alright with that.  The messages have been interesting and enlightening, though I was troubled by some of what was spoken, and the music pleasant and largely new to me.

On another topic, I checked out the first link from the other fellow who apparently is Muslim.

There is nice music and some history on the Islamic prophet but I found conflicts between what is believed by Islamists and the Hebrew scripture, even among the details about Abraham and Sarah.  Ah well.
Pat

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook