Switch to Forum Live View What do you like best?
7 years ago  ::  Oct 13, 2007 - 3:49PM #1
Beliefnetsabee
What do you like about The Salvation Army? Please share your wonderful stories with us.
I always remember that for every word typed there is a real person sitting behind the keyboard.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Nov 14, 2007 - 5:17PM #2
MMCSFOX
Our local Optimist club assists with the red kettle drives each year and at other times as needed because we do understand the need, even in Camelot there is always need. I have found that while ringing the bell at one of our local markets many shoppers come with checks made out to the Salvation Army to put in the kettle. People are great and so is the Army.

The following are just a few of our local Salvation Army Basic Statistics for most years:
Serve over 10,000 meals.
Assist over 300 low-income families at Christmas.
Donate over 1,000 toys through Angle Tree
Served over 560 meals during community Thanksgiving dinner.
Donates over 150 emergency food boxes as needed.
Provided showers and lodging assistance to many needy.
Provide bus tokens for many poor.
Provide emergency rental assistance for needy.
Provide emergency utility assistance to many needy.
Provide prescription assistance to many needy.
Jesse F.
Charity is equal in importance to all the other commandments combined.
- Babylonian Talmud,
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Mar 31, 2008 - 10:47PM #3
prucha25
Hello!  After an unsettling start to 2008, I was on the receiving end of the charity.  I must say I never knew much about the Salvation Army but I will NEVER pass by  one of those red kettles.  Things will be straightened out shortly when I return to work after disability and I would like to know someone else will feel the relief that I did.
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  May 22, 2009 - 4:56AM #4
Eliszabeth

Nov 14, 2007 -- 5:17PM, MMCSFOX wrote:

Our local Optimist club assists with the red kettle drives each year and at other times as needed because we do understand the need, even in Camelot there is always need. I have found that while ringing the bell at one of our local markets many shoppers come with checks made out to the Salvation Army to put in the kettle. People are great and so is the Army. The following are just a few of our local Salvation Army Basic Statistics for most years: * Serve over 10,000 meals. Assist over 300 low-income families at Christmas. Donate over 1,000 toys through Angle Tree Served over 560 meals during community Thanksgiving dinner. Donates over 150 emergency food boxes as needed. Provided showers and lodging assistance to many needy. Provide bus tokens for many poor. Provide emergency rental assistance for needy. Provide emergency utility assistance to many needy. Provide prescription assistance to many needy. * Jesse F. * Charity is equal in importance to all the other commandments combined. - Babylonian Talmud,

Yea but they treat their own people like crap. Sorry to be so honnest.

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook