Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

10 years ago  ::  Oct 13, 2007 - 2:27PM #1
BeliefnetCheryl
Welcome to the Taoism community!  Please introduce yourself in this thread.

Please feel free to start new discussions by creating a new thread. Or bring over a topic from the old board using copy and then paste into a new thread.

This board is currently without a host. If you would be interested in hosting, please send an email to us at community@beliefnetstaff.com.
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Dec 22, 2007 - 3:50PM #2
Arlene
Hello, I am a new member Arlene.

Remember, a "leaderless message board" is not analagous to a head without its horse  Just LET it BE?.

The "leaderless society" was a level of societal degeneration taught about in some editions of Plato's "Republic".

After democracy, oligarchy, after oligarchy, anarchy.    And then what?    --- Benefits?

You are silenced and exiled from all message boards or should I say firewalled!

Great Metal Master, or should I say Metal monster, I do not know how to pronounce the words in any of my messages, I assure you!

Shut up, you idiot!  If you mention metal again youre new internet connection is gonna go "bye-bye"
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Dec 22, 2007 - 5:47PM #3
stardustpilgrim
Hello Arlene............Was it chance that you found yourself here? ...... :-) ............
Roses always come with thorns. Sometimes, thorns first, sometimes roses first, and, sometimes, thorns outside, roses inside, sometimes roses outside, thorns inside.

Someone who dreams of drinking wine at a cheerful banquet may wake up crying the next morning. Someone who dreams of crying may go off the next morning to enjoy the sport of the hunt. When we are in the midst of a dream, we do not know it's a dream. Sometimes we may even try to interpret our dreams while we are dreaming, but then we awake and realize it was a dream. Only after one is greatly awakened does one realize that it was all a great dream, while the fool thinks that he is awake and presumptuously aware. Chuang Tzu
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Dec 26, 2007 - 11:43PM #4
paulisue
Hi,
I'm paulisue.  I'm currently living in Missouri.  I just started to really find a label for the spiritual path that I am on, and discovering a structure and community who holds the same beliefs as I do.
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Mar 18, 2008 - 12:12PM #5
1ndhcw
Hi, I too am new to this board and am also finding my spiritual way.  My journey started about a year and a half ago.  This search has lead me to a lot of reading which is how I found Dr. Wayne Dyer's The Power Of Intention which I feel turned a light on for me.  For years there has been an emptiness inside me that I can't explain only to say something is missing.  I have no desire to attend church but have been thinking seriously of sitting down with a Baptist Minister I know.  I'm really quite lost.  However Dr. Dyer's books are helping.  I am currently reading Change Your Thoughts Change Your Life and have started a Book Group here to discuss it, in case anyone is intersted.  The Groups is called Change Your Thoughts.  Any insights would be most appreciated. 

Take care,
Nancy
Quick Reply
Cancel
9 years ago  ::  Dec 28, 2008 - 8:11PM #6
kilgoretrout2006
[QUOTE=P'u Bear;982536]P'u Bear here.  I started visiting this forum yesterday and it is by far the friendliest Taoism forum I have yet to find on the net.[/QUOTE]

P'u: Give it time. :) (Everyone here loves to fuss.)

Welcome everyone.

K
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook