Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2
6 years ago  ::  May 29, 2008 - 3:23AM #11
GemHan
Hello everyone!

I am new here and interested in Hinduism. I have always found religion in general interesting (although I have not picked a particular path for myself) and have recently come across Hinduism. I was pleasantly surprised to discover how Hinduism is in tune with my own beliefs and feelings.

I have always had certain thoughts about God and spirituality, but have always been diappointed with other religious paths I have looked into as they have contradicted what I feel.

I don't know much about Hinduism yet, but what I have learned so far is wonderful! I am looking forward to learning more and seeing if this path could be for me :)

Looking forward to discussions in the future as the general atmosphere i see on this forum is very helpful and interesting so far :)
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  May 29, 2008 - 7:53AM #12
Maya3
GemHan,
Welcome to the Hindu board!

From reading your statement of belief, it certainly sounds like Hinduism would be for you!

Maya
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Aug 28, 2008 - 12:48AM #13
radhe-govinda
Namaste Everyone :)

I'm new here and just wanted to say hi.  I have recently moved out of  buddhism into Sanatana Dharma after some events in my life.  I consider myself to be Vaishnava but other than that I am still feeling my way around. 

I look forward to lots of great discussions :D

Jai Sri Krishna!!!
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Nov 08, 2008 - 11:56AM #14
DharamRakshak
Hi guys

My name is Aryaman Dave, I m Indian by orgin, Brahmin by caste and Hindu by religion. I wish to share and gain knowledge throughout my time here.

Hari Om
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jun 23, 2009 - 2:05PM #15
Pasteboardpath

Namaste!  I am a spiritual seeker and theology student who has been very drawn to Kali for quite some time, now.  I am at a place in my life where I am ready to try to accept and integrate the shadow parts of my psyche so that they don't have so much power over my life. 

I've done a lot of research on god-images and spirituality, and I think that for me Kali is about acknowledging the dark aspects of life that are an integral part of the whole life process and cycle(s) -- death, anger, purposeful ("salvific") violence, loss of self-control, recovery of self-control, remorse...  For me she is a mother/mentor figure who has seen it all and is ready to show me life without illusion -- the "hard truth."  There is a hard beauty in that truth, I believe, as I think most people over the age of 40 or 50 or so who haven't had an easy life would recognize.

I would like to learn more about Hindu Dharma to see what other truths resonate for me and might help me on my journey.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jun 30, 2009 - 7:42AM #16
Macailein

I'm Art. In recent months I've read a good deal of Hindu materials, from the Gita and the Upanishads to numerous online articles, and I've felt an intense attraction to the faith. I've been trying to follow Eknath Easwaran's meditation techniques, praying to Durga on a daily basis, and doing japa with Her mantra.

I'd love to meet Hindus in my area, to learn more about the faith from those who practice it, maybe to go to the local temple. But I'm trepidatious because I don't know how the Indians here, who seem to be a smallish community, would take to a "white Hindu." I haven't found any good solutions, such as networking websites or getting in touch with the priests at the temple.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jun 30, 2009 - 6:36PM #17
gangajal

Art,

Welcome!

You can check out the web site: www.vedanta.org. It is the web site of the Ramakrishna vedanta center in Southern California. It also gives info about other Ramakrishna Vedanta centers in North America. You might visit one of the centers if any one of the centers is near your home town. All people are welcome to visit those centers.

Best wishes

Gangajal

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jun 30, 2009 - 10:16PM #18
Maya3

Welcome Art,

I'm a white Hindu as well and I love Eaknath Easwaran!

Where do you live? Gangajal's suggestion to look at Ramakrishnas order is great.

Maya

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jan 20, 2010 - 8:07PM #19
Macailein

I apologize for not getting back to reply to this post much sooner.

I am in central Kentucky, near Fort Knox.

Thank you for the reference to the Vedanta society. I will be looking into it.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook