7 years ago  ::  Oct 09, 2007 - 12:37PM #1
Beliefnetsabee
Welcome. Please tell us about yourself.
I always remember that for every word typed there is a real person sitting behind the keyboard.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Dec 01, 2007 - 11:55PM #2
ElizabethAnn
Thanks! I'm a cradle Presbyterian, having grown up as a P.K., having been through summer church camps and the first-ever Triennium, and being a graduate of a Presbyterian university (thanks to the National Presbyterian Scholar program.) The older I get, the more I appreciate the legacy of faith I inherited; for whatever our Church's shortcomings and mistakes, I think the P.C. (U.S.A.) is doing more good work for the Kingdom of God than most folks truly realize. I'm active in my local church, and as former moderator Marge Carpenter puts it, I am "shamefully proud" to call myself a Presbyterian... for a myriad of reasons!
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Dec 03, 2007 - 1:34AM #3
resolutions1
ElizabethAnn,

I'm also a new member and think we have a lot in common!

I have a t-shirt that paraphrases Marge's statement - "I'm sinfully proud to be Presbyterian".

I've never been to Triennium, but have been an adult sponsor and small group leader at the Synod of the Sun Youth Workshop for the past 7 years.  What wonderful opportunities for our young members to grow in and share faith!

Joy in the Resurrection,

Ann
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 weeks ago  ::  Jul 08, 2014 - 3:44PM #4
Talbott

I love your post from 7 years ago, @ElizabethAnn, and I venture to say that you must be even MORE proud today. I came to the Presbyterian Church (USA) by way of the Southern Baptist Church (which I was born into) and then journied through the Roman Catholic Church and Episcopal Church USA before finding my way, and finding a renewed faith, in the PC(USA). I am certainly proud of this denomination and am constantly being encouraged and challenged in my faith as I worked out my own salvation with fear and trembling.

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook