I wasn't able to see what's going on with my car today. Like I'd planned, so I wont know what's wrong with it. I also don't know when I'll be able to go to try to get it to start. So I went ahead and sent yet another email. Informing the members of Vidar's Hof of the Highland Rim. That I wasn't going to make it to yet another blot. Here's the email I sent (I try to always just use the first letter of someone's name. When posting stuff like this publically.):
I wasn't able to go get my car today. So I still don't know what's wrong with it. Unfortunately I wont be able to make it to the blot. I appologise for not being able to make it. I'm not sure when I'll be able to make it to one of Vidar's Hof's blots. Since I'm working now and my general manager wants me to work week end nights, from 6pm till 2am. This was probably the last week end. I'll have off for awhile. She says that she'll rotate us so that we'll have a week end off. Every now and then, but she's said that before and it never happened. So I wont be able to know in advance when (or if) I'll have the same week end off in the future. That your Kindred might have a blot on. Asking off for a specific week end or even a specific night on a week end. Would be hard to get from her as well. So hopefully sometime in the future. I'll be able to make it to one of your Kindreds blots. LOL! But I honestly don't think it'll be anytime soon. Simply because I probably wont have a week end off for atleast acouple of months.
Well Take Care. :)"
It sucks...but it's true. When I worked at Burger King the first time. I hardly ever got a week end off, for anything. When I did, it had to be for a damn good reason. I'll put it this way. Awhile before I quite, I had asked off for a Saturday. So that my friend and me could go and take our GED tests. I asked off for the whole day because I knew. That the night before I wouldn't be able to sleep. We'd have to get up early to go take the test and that I would be exhausted when I got to work.
At first, I was going to get the day off. No problem but then she started asking me. "About what time would the test be over?" I told here. "I'm not sure, probably 5 or 6." Then I magically appear on the shedual for Saturday night 5 till close. Of course I was late. LOL! Cause the test wasn't over until 5:30.
Anyway, the point is. The reason why I typed the last part of my email. Was to realistically let them know. That it may very well be a month to possibly a year. Before I get another week end off. That's being optimistic too.
And I'm not trying to be mean or a defeetist or anything like that. It's just at this point. I don't want to feel like I'm stringing them along but at the same time. I don't want to give up on making it to a blot. So I guess that was my way of leaving the ball in their hands. Their great people, don't get me wrong.
But I don't know if they really want to wait around on me. I also don't want to hold them back or cause them to lose momentum since I think. Their planning on making their Kindred more active.
Which is great! This is what I want weither I'm a physical part of it or not. I want Heathens in Tennessee to be able to easily find one another. Not only that but to be able to communicate with one another. Not only cyberly but physically too. You can have a cyber community, that's fine but who wouldn't rather have a physical one?
So how ever this turns, I'm cool with it. Yeah, I'd like to make Heathen contacts. I have, I'm just having trouble re-meeting them at the moment. LOL! But at the same time, I've been going it alone for five years. Yeah, half assed but I can manage if I have too. Besides, who knows what will happen a month from now, two or maybe even a year from now?
Heathens are popping up around these parts quite often recently. So....
Take care. :)