So today is the first day I actually got the chance to sit down and try not to worry; do some soul searching. I ignored the scholarships waiting to be filled out that called my name as they sat impatiently at my desk. The homework load was definitely toned down since the assignments are all due sometime next semester. At least for English they are... That's what I get for being in a class geared toward college, huh?
I've come to some serious conclusions after taking some beliefnet quizzes for fun, talking to others, and just reflecting. Here:
1. My mental "illness" is not my fault, it was simply inherited from my parents. I can't make it go away, but I CAN make it better by doing research, taking my medication as scheduled, scheduling a Doc appointment as soon as possible next year (not having insurance sucks...), and by coming on here/participating in yoga weekly, etc.
2. My boyfriend is who I want to be with. He is my soul mate, and I can't see myself without him. I realized now all the little fights are just that: little fights. They are no cause for a breakup, and everyone has them, so I should stop worrying so much... He loves me, I love him. Period.
3. I should take time to reflect like this more often.
4. Certain things are not due the next day immediately. I realize now as long as I get them in by the deadline, I'm good. I worry too much about school and should focus on not stressing so much. I'm not failing, so there should be no real worries.
5. Whatever happens, happens... I'll find a way to get myself through school, even if I only get a scholarship for $100.
6. I need to write these down to remember them.
7. It's nice to have positive affirmations to rely on. I need to start stocking them in a folder for myself (self esteem project in the works).
8. Yoga and meditation are total keys for me not to worry so much, so I should practice them as much as possible.
9. I guess I finally know what it means to live in the moment, considering I just found out I shouldn't be worried about scholarships and projects due two months from now and I should just have fun.
10. Breathing is really important...
Hopefully being on this site will bring more insights over time... I love having all the support I do from my boyfriend, my cousin, the people on this website, and friends. Thank you you guys! ^_^