One night in this house, seemed like the longest night ever. My parents were home and had a couple of friends over. Friends her and my step-dad had for along time, I remember that we all ate at home and every one ate what they wanted, we had a verity of things set out on the table. There was 7 of us, mom, step-dad, thier 2 friends, my 2 brothers and myself.
As the night got late we all went to bed, except for my parents 2 friends, they were still up in the living-room talking and drinking. This was a very confusing night I so will tell you what I remember and what I was told. I woke up that night 3 times that I can remember to use the bathroom, I would make it to the bathroom, but don't remember if I did what I needed to, I was kind of in and out of conuosness, and would faintly remember being carried back to my room, at least 3 times by one of my parents friends. whom were the ones that told us a little more about what happened.
My oldest brother had tried to get up as well to go to the bathroom that night but he didn't make it and fell in the hallway, and as my parents slept in thier room, mom was trying to take care of my half brother who seamed to be sick and kept vomiting. As the night went on the friends that were in the living-room started to get concerned. and the last time one of them carried me back to my room he fell and hit this metal piece that was sticking up from my floor by my closet and it cut him around his eye. And the way one of them described how it seemed to take forever to get to the telephone that he had to get down on his hands and knees to get there. they called for help and the ambulance's came and picked us all up and took us to the hospital, I don't remember being picked up but faintly remember some one looking over me and asking me my name, I don't think I was able to tell them, but remember looking to one side of me and seeing my brother and to the other side and seeing my parents and little brother. as we all slowly came to, we were laying in the hospital beds, and it was strange because as we were watching the TV we were on the news. I was actually watching the medical people bringing us out of our house and could see our eyes were all open but they were white.
I didn't understand the hospital's way of explaining how much we were affected by what happened to us, They explained it as if we hit 50% we were dead, my parents were at 47%, I was at 48%, and my oldest brother was at 49%, I think that was because he fell in front of the heater, and my younger brother was at 47% but at the same time he had pneumonia and had to stay in the hospital a little longer. I don't recall about the 2 friends of my parents except that one had to have stitches for that cut on his eye. And the hospital and athorities had a Hard time figuring it out, at first they thought we all had food poisoning, but we all ate something different that night, then they thought it was drug overdose, but found that it was corbon monixide from our gas heater. It was strange walking back into that house almost spooky like you could feel spirits lingering around
We were pronounced to be very lucky, because if they would have taken another 5 mins. before getting us to the hospital we would have all died. what was really strange was across the states in Florida the same thing happened to 7 other people, but they did not make it.