6 years ago  ::  Jun 25, 2008 - 6:55AM #1
Daze & Confused ...?

Hi everyone, I'm still trying to deal with trying to leave my room. I've tried so many times to just go out on my own & make a day of it, like I use to. BUT I CANT !!! Its just so hard for me & further more its costing me a lot of money. You see I have a membership to 24hour fitness center & I've been paying for it every month going on a year & I beleive I've only utilized it maybe once or twice. But I dont want to give up my membership cause it'll cost me a lot to rejoin later on again. I dunno ??? I wanna go, but dang I'm scared to leave my room or my home alone. Anybody got any suguestions ??? I cant belive I"m just throwing away money that I dont really have.

Well thank for listening an any responce, should I get any ???

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jun 25, 2008 - 6:19PM #2
Dadyslitlgrl

Hey, Daze. I'd ask you how you are, but from your posting, your not doing well. I'm sorry to hear that. I'm not really sure how to help you. But I'll try my best. Maybe if you just open your door, and stand there for a little while, until you feel you can't go back in. Keep trying that for a little bit, then when your comfortable with that, try going just a tiny bit more, then a little more. Just keep trying that for awhile. If that works, keep trying to go a little further, each day, and the next thing you know, you'll be outside. I don't know if that will help or not, but at least it's something to try. Hopefully, you'll be able to get yourself out and to the gym. Let me know how that works out. Meanwhile, I'll still try to think of other ways to help you.

Yours Friend in Christ,

Dadyslitlgrl(Lori)

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  May 14, 2009 - 8:34PM #3
Mcoyle614

Daze,

I have been having the same problem.  I'll get outside and have an anxiety attack so severe I have to call a family member to com and get me, pick me up and put me back in the house.  I've learned to take small steps though.  I'm a taoist and have no intention of converting, but I regularly invite Mormons and Witnesses to come to my home sit on my porch and talk.  I am very upfront with my intent and they usually see it as helping fellow man and drop by when they can.  I know its safe and I can go inside if I need to.  I'm also very lucky to have a great support system.  My mom will stop everything to help.  For right now I suggest having friends over sit outside if possible.  Grab a yoga DVD or download one from the net.  It's healing and great for your body.  Drop the gym membership all its doing for you right now is adding guilt onto your already full plate.  Make sure you get some exersice at home and work your way to walking down the street, then the block.  Take baby steps be patient and kind to yourself.  If it takes you 6 months just to get to the end of the street thats ok.  Meditate, pray and remember you are not your illness.  You are Gods work in progress.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jun 19, 2009 - 10:06AM #4
Dadyslitlgrl

Hey y'all, What's going on here?  We have 144 members, yet noone is posting.  I say we try to kick it up some and start postiing.  I'm sure there are people that need our help/advice about what's going on in there lives.  Whether they're clean and sober, or trying to figure out how to stop.  I know I havn't been here much either.  But I'm going to try harder to post more often.  Y'all take care.

Your sisiter in Christ,

Dadyslitlgrl(Lori)

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jun 26, 2009 - 10:11AM #5
Bipolar_journey

Jun 19, 2009 -- 10:06AM, Dadyslitlgrl wrote:

Hey y'all, What's going on here?  We have 144 members, yet noone is posting.  I say we try to kick it up some and start postiing.  I'm sure there are people that need our help/advice about what's going on in there lives.  Whether they're clean and sober, or trying to figure out how to stop.  I know I havn't been here much either.  But I'm going to try harder to post more often.  Y'all take care.

Your sisiter in Christ,

Dadyslitlgrl(Lori)

Hi Lori, I'm new here, and you are right a year pass and I wonder how she is doing, I hope she face her fears, and may be got a Cognitive Behavioral Therapy.  I have a lot to contribute but I'm dealing with my English grammar here.  However, I'm glad I found this site, God Bless you,

Alexia

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jun 30, 2009 - 12:57PM #6
Dadyslitlgrl

Hi Alexia,  I'm glad you've joined our group.  I wasn't leaving any posts here, because noone elese was.  It seems like everyone just wants to leave everything under comments on the front page.  That isn't the way I intended for this group to be.  I'm also disappointed that nobody wants to post here and get involved with other people and share points of view, or how they handed a simiar problem.  And also just plain advice for other members.  I hope people will start posting again.  We have so many "members" that we should be talking and posting with each other.  Thanks for dropping by, and welcome to our group.

Your sister in Christ,

Lori

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook