6 years ago  ::  Jan 16, 2009 - 4:38PM #1
lollycraft

Hi everyone.  I am bipolar II and am doing really well now.  I had a very depressive spell before the holidays but my pdoc added a new med and it seems to be doing the trick.  It has given me more energy and my moods have been so much better.  I would like to meet other who are bipolar so that we can support each other.  I have 3 children, 24, 17, 15 (only daughter) and a 3 year old granddaughter.  My husband and I have been married for 20 years.  He is a really good guy, quiet and hardworking.  My middle son graduates from high school this year and has already been accepted to a local college majoring in computer science.  My daughter is on the high school soccer team and will be running track also.  I work full-time for the state goverment and really love my job.  I work with a bunch of great people.  Please send me a message so we can get to know each other.  God Bless.  Pat

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 16, 2009 - 4:38PM #2
lollycraft
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 17, 2009 - 10:33AM #3
jalawnduski

Hi lollycraft!

I am a newbie too.  I am bipolar I.  It's been 18 years since I was diagnosed.  The doctor still has found no meds to help my depressions, but the manias are being managed pretty well by my meds.  I keep learning new coping skills to try to help reduce the severity of my depressions.

I love counseling and group therapy to learn new ways to improve my thoughts and behavior.  I also volunteer at two places and attend 2 bible studies each week.

I have a 9 year old daughter with my first husband.  I'm now with my 3rd husband.  We have no children together, although we would love to have a little boy.  Neal was really into sports as a child, and he would love to teach a son football, wrestling, etc.  Of course, he could do this with a daughter too.  We would be just thrilled to have a baby.  Not likely though.  I am 41 and I have scarring on my ovaries and tubes.

I am on disability and Neal is unemployed.

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 18, 2009 - 2:50PM #4
Dadyslitlgrl
Welcome to the group you two. I hope you like it here. Lots of good people with tips and advice. I'm bipolar, have ptsd, adhd, and to make it really  fun, I have short-term, long-term memory loss.  That just makes life more fun, right? LOL  NOT!!  Most of my meds work really well together except I'm pretty sure an anti-depressant should be added.  Most of the time I'm crying over nothing. It could be a show on TV, commercial, or just thinking about someone.  Sometimes it's none of the above.  It's a royal pain.  I'm tired of crying.  Oh well, got to take what life gives me and deal with it.  Hope to see y'all here soon.   Your friend in Christ,     Lori
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook