Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2
Switch to Forum Live View In need of support!
6 years ago  ::  Oct 15, 2008 - 11:21AM #11
lola2

CryWOW!!! THANK YOU ALL FOR THE SUPPORT. DOES ANY BODY KNOW HOW LONG THESE EPISODES LAST.????? I REALLY DONT WANT MY GIRLS TO BE IN THE MIX OF HIS ILLNESS. I WORRIE ABOUT HIM AND I JUST CANT HELP MY SELF. I WORRIE ABOUT HIM OVER THERE, "ALONE", DOWN AND OUT. NO BODY SEEM TO CARE ABOUT HIM THERE. HIS 19 Y.O DAUGHTER DONT WANT HIM WITH ME, BUT...SHE WANTS HIM THERE ALONE????. HOW CAN HE GET HELP WHEN HE DOES NOT WANT ANYONE THERE??? I KNOW THAT HE IS IN THE DOWN STAGE, BUT HOW LONG DOES THIS LAST. ALSO, MY GIRLS 8 & 11, DONT WANT ME WITH THIS MAN, THEY ARE THE ONLY ONES THAT HAVE SEEN ME SOOOOO UPSET WITH THE EMOTIONS THAT HAVE BEEN RIPED OUT OF MY HEART. I WISH THEY COULD SEE THE GOOD SIDE OF THIS MAN AND NOT JUST THE BAD. I JUST DIDNT WANT HIM TO GO THOUGH THIS ILLNESS ALONE. NO ONE HAS BEEN THERE TO CARE FOR HIM. HOW CAN A PERSON WITH THIS ILLNESS JUST WALK AWAY FROM PEOPLE THAT THEY SAY THEY LOVE SOO MUCH? DONT THEY "NEED" THEM FOR SUPPORT? AS FOR ME, I HAVE SUFFERED FROM DEPRESSION FOR 11 YEARS NOW, (POSTPARTUM, AFTER I HAD MY FIRST DAUGHTER, AND IT WAS LEFT UNTREATED FOR 2 YEARS, ALSO THE DEATH OF MY FATHER WHEN I WAS STILL IN HIGH SCHOOL) NOW I SET HERE, ALONE, AND IN MY HEAD, I WONDER WHY GOD MADE ME WHO I AM.. WHY DOES LIFE HAVE TO BE SOO HARD? WHY DOES THE ONE I THOUGHT WAS MY SOUL MATE HAVE TO HAVE THIS ILLNESS. WHY DID GOD HAVE US MEET??? HE IS A GREAT PERSON, HE DONT DESERVE THIS, HE DESERVES TO HAVE HAPPINESS IN THIS LIFE, HE IS 51 Y.O, HE HAS SUFFERED FOR SOOOO LONG WITH THIS ILLNESS. I WANT HIM TO GET BETTER, NOT FOR ME, BUT FOR HIS SELF AND HIS FAMILY. PLEASE PRAY FOR HIM. HIS NAME IS KIM L.

THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR SUPPORT AND MAY GOD BLESS YOU WITH YOUR CHOOSEN PATH OF LIFE.   NICOLE LOLA

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Oct 16, 2008 - 1:37AM #12
GEORGE52

WITH OUT THE RIGHT MEDS, THIS CAN AND WILL LAST UP TO A YEAR OR MORE. HE NEEDS TO GO TO HIS SHRINK, TALK TO HIM AND LET HIM KNOW. THE PROBLEM WITH US IS WE SEE THE DOC AND SAY EVERYTHING IS FINE 'WHEN IT'S NOT". WE SEE THE DOC FOR WHATEVER TIME, AND HE DOESN'T LIVE WITH US SO HE DOESN'T SEE ARE MOODS, SO HE GIVES US THE SAME MEDS. YOU HAVE TO BE HONEST WITH THE DOC. I CHANGE MEDS EVERY YEAR, SOMETIMES TWICE A YEAR. ARE ELSE I GET A MANIC, TO UP, OR A DOWN, THAT I CAN'T GET OUT OF. IM MY OWN DOC BECAUSE I KNOW WHEN IM NOT RIGHT. HE SHOULD KNOW TO. NOTHING WILL WORK FOR HIM EXCEPT HIM. GET OUT OF THE SHIT BAG AND ASK FOR HELP. SOMETIMES WE GET THAT LOW AND START TO THINK OF SUICIDE. I HOPE IT DOESN'T COME TO THAT IN HIS CASE.    LOVE TO YOU MY BABY GIRL                                                                                               GEORGE52

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Oct 18, 2008 - 1:14PM #13
Dadyslitlgrl
Lola2, I can understand where your boyfriend is coming from.  I also have bipolar.  It's one hard, messed-up disease to deal with.  Before I was on meds, I was very out of control.  I would push everyone I loved away from me. That even included my children!!  I also have other issues that stem from my bipolar(PTSD, ADHD, OCD, etc.). Now that I've been diagnosed and been on meds for the last 6 1/2 - 7yrs. I'm much better.  Don't get me wrong, I still have my manic and depressive cycles, but with meds are easier to deal with.  Has he been diagnosed?  If so, does he take meds to help control the bipolar?  Is he in any type of counseling?  Even though I don't know y'all it seems like he doesn't want you to have to deal with the pain and all that comes with bipolar.  The thing is, you're probably one of the best things he has going for him.  You're willing to go through this with him.  I believe you're a very strong person with a lot of love to give and want to help him through this.  Just stick with it, pray for him individually about this, and also pray that the two of you will get back together so you can help him with this pain in the butt disease.  Also welcome to the group.  Sorry it took me so long to say that.  Sometimes I'm in my own "world" and I'm not there for people like I should be.  School also plays a factor in that.  But just listen to everyone in this group, we all have little tid bits to share with you, and most of them will help you.  If you need to talk anytime you want to talk, either come here or you can e-mail me privately.  Stay strong and keep praying.  I'll be praying for you as well.  Your friend in Christ,   Lori
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook