Page 45 of 47  •  Prev 1 ... 42 43 44 45 46 47 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Prayer, Scripture , Quotes, Poetry Corner !
3 years ago  ::  Dec 26, 2011 - 10:18PM #441
belleo

"We walk in a "ravine as dark as death" (Psalm 23:4), and still we have nothing to
fear because God is at our side: God's staff and crook are there to soothe us (see
Psalm 23:4). This is not just a consoling idea. It is an experience of the heart
that we can trust.

Our lives are full of suffering, pain, disillusions, losses and grief, but they
are also marked by visions of the coming of the Son of Man "like lightning striking
in the east and flashing far into west" (Matthew 24:27). These moments in which
we see clearly, hear loudly, and feel deeply that God is with us on the journey
make us shine as a light into the darkness. Jesus says, "You are the light of
the world. Your light must shine in people's sight, so that, seeing your good
works, they may give praise to your Father in heaven" (Matthew 5:14-16)."

Just me
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jan 18, 2012 - 3:57PM #442
belleo

From Unceasing Thinking to Unceasing Prayer

Our minds are always active. We analyze, reflect, daydream, or dream. There is not
a moment during the day or night when we are not thinking. You might say our thinking
is "unceasing." Sometimes we wish that we could stop thinking for a while; that
would save us from many worries, guilt feelings, and fears. Our ability to think
is our greatest gift, but it is also the source of our greatest pain. Do we have
to become victims of our unceasing thoughts? No, we can convert our unceasing thinking
into unceasing prayer by making our inner monologue into a continuing dialogue with
our God, who is the source of all love.

Let's break out of our isolation and realize that Someone who dwells in the center
of our beings wants to listen with love to all that occupies and preoccupies our
minds. (Henri Nouwen )

Just me
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 04, 2012 - 6:09PM #443
belleo

'God made a covenant with us. The word covenant means "coming together." God wants
to come together with us. In many of the stories in the Hebrew Bible, we see that
God appears as a God who defends us against our enemies, protects us against dangers,
and guides us to freedom. God is God-for-us. When Jesus comes a new dimension
of the covenant is revealed. In Jesus, God is born, grows to maturity, lives, suffers,
and dies as we do. God is God-with-us. Finally, when Jesus leaves he promises
the Holy Spirit. In the Holy Spirit, God reveals the full depth of the covenant.
God wants to be as close to us as our breath. God wants to breathe in us, so that
all we say, think and do is completely inspired by God. God is God-within-us.
Thus God's covenant reveals to us to how much God loves

When I was seven years old I knew the voice of God . I knew it was wrong to want to kill myself . LAter I wasn't so sure it was wrong . That was after many years of abuse . The way I see it today at seven years old I had a pure heart . That inner castle within where my conscience resides was intact in my opinion . I could forgive then

Much later in my thirties  I came to grips with my life . Knowing people not that they nudged me no I think it was their acceptance and the love they radiated that melted my heart . I could then say to my Father in heaven I forgive all who have hurt me and I forgive myself if I had any part in it ....

Just me
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 08, 2012 - 7:32PM #444
belleo

Mark tells how Jesus retreated to the desert to be tempted. Jesus, like John the Baptist, preaches repentance. Think about the meaning of baptism and repentance in your own life. Do you seek temptation directly or does it come from ordinary events of life? Pray for a deeper awareness of the meaning of baptism and ask that God not allow anything in life to tempt you to neglect your responsibilities to others and to yourself. Live this day with confidence, knowing that Jesus has declared victory over evil, sin, and death.

I desire nothing except to be in your presence, walking with you in the world to spread hope, love, and thanksgiving among all of God’s children.

Just me
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 10, 2012 - 12:27PM #445
belleo
"Many children, even grown-up children, can experience
deep anger toward their parents for having protected them too much or too little.
When we are willing to confess that we often hand those we love over to suffering,
even against our best intentions, we will be more ready to forgive those who, mostly
against their will, are the causes of our pain"
Just me
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 12, 2012 - 12:30PM #446
belleo

As we reflect on the beauty of the Easter miracle, Lord, let us also celebrate the miracle of human life.  Watch over the souls of the infants who never had the opportunity to live outside the womb.  Comfort those who have experienced the loss of a child.  Give hope to couples struggling to conceive.  And may we all respect the sacredness of life, Your gift to us all. Amen.

Just me
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 06, 2012 - 4:48PM #447
belleo

The first thing I do when I get up in the morning is to reach out my hands towards the nearnest Blessed Sacrament  says Jeanne Hill . The following is part of a talk given by The Association of Christian Therapists .{Before I go to bed , no matter where I am , i like to know where the closest Blessed Sacrament is reposed .Since there are no walls in the spiritual world , it is wonderful to contemplate that where ever you are , you are lying at the feet of the tabernacle , surrounded  always by the sacramental presence   .) If that particular devotion has no meaning for you , you might establish your local church as a focus for the presence of Jesus , or use the rising sun , a constant symbol of God's light coming into the world ..Reaching in faith , then to the resurrection  presence of Jesus I say :

Lord of Lord , Light of Lights ,

True God and True Love ,

Come, Lord Jesus .

I wait until I feel the warmth of that light coming into my hands . You may never feel it , so don't stand there until you are late for work ; some of us more easily experience spiritual realities in our bodies than others . At least wait until you have attended to the faith vision of what Jesus has promised :

"Behold , I am with you all days , even until the end of time ."(Matt 28:20) Having reached out  and focused my vision on the resurrection presence, I place my hands on my head .I am now in a sense putting on the helmet of salvation ."in a very conscious way . I say a prayer something like this :

Jesus, I thank you for the light of your life now coming into my head . May the chemistry of my brain , the electrical impulses , the entire  circulatory sytem come today under your perfect Lordship so that my body may function in perfect health .Let your light permeate the entire chemistry , drawing all the fluids and tissues , the functioing of every organ and system into your perfect order . .

Jesus may my mind  be taken up today , into your mind , that I  might walk today in the perfect truth of your word . Let the light of your loving presence spread  into all the unhealed areas of my spirit ; into the places of my deepest fears , anger , and unforgiveness , and dark areas of guilt which still need your saving grace and wisdom .

I thank you Jesus , for making this body your temple and I sign it with your cross : In the name of the Father , and of the Som , and of the Holy Spirit . Amen .

Here I make the sign of the cross on my head .

Just me
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 10, 2012 - 7:08AM #448
belleo
The Role of a Competent Guide

When we descend into this place of darkness we need to be accompanied by someone who is competent. Otherwise, we won't have the strength to look at our shadow areas and to cope with them. They are too frightening! But in gentle dialogue with a competent person, we will gradually connect with this world which up to now has been hidden from our consciousness.

Jean Vanier, Seeing Beyond Depression, p. 65

Just me
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 12, 2012 - 6:33AM #449
belleo
Finding Words

When we can put words to past events and feelings we discover that we were not responsible for everything that went wrong. We can be more objective, putting things and situations into their proper perspective. As we look at past experiences more truthfully, we demystify them. We free ourselves from the ‘monsters’ and ‘demons’ that exercised power over us, crushing life and making us feel guilty.

Jean Vanier, Seeing Beyond Depression, p. 67

Just me
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 15, 2012 - 7:43PM #450
belleo

God's powerlessness

Jesus is God-with-us, Emmanuel. The great mystery of God
becoming human is God's desire to be loved by us. By
becoming a vulnerable child, completely dependent on human
care, God wants to take away all distance between the human
and the divine.

Who can be afraid of a little child that needs to be fed, to
be cared for, to be taught, to be guided? We usually talk
about God as the all-powerful, almighty God on whom we
depend completely. But God wanted to become the
all-powerless, all-vulnerable God who completely depends on
us. How can we be afraid of a God who wants to be
"God-with-us" and needs us to become "Us-with-God"?

The entry above is by Henri Nouwen . Many years ago I was told ab out God coming to me powerless . I didn't quite get that . I see it today as trusting us

Just me
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 45 of 47  •  Prev 1 ... 42 43 44 45 46 47 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook