Page 4 of 4  •  Prev 1 2 3 4
Switch to Forum Live View For conservatives Only .. =:0]
6 years ago  ::  Jan 22, 2009 - 2:34AM #31
CLeo

Frank, you have always come to the defense of the indefensible here, while chastizing whatever Diva or I said. 

You're really under the effects of some Kool Aid love potion if in fact you believe that some like your beloved troll would one day begin to reason.  Extremes may near each other but idiocy is never satisfied unless others accept their excrement as their very own.

Langzaam, friend, yes bickering is an ugly word, no melody in that word! Maybe 'cat fight' would be more appropriate but it would be unfair to cats, our masters.

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 23, 2009 - 10:14AM #32
Joyville2

Lang said

"In your teens we used to mock those believers of a different faiths (or
race) as if we were right and they were wrong. As adults we must learn
to accept each other and if I want to call Jesus an ancestor with
admirable qualities, that snakes don't talk and evolution is a
scientific fact why not accepting it as an opinion of someone
that lives in peace seeing it that way. "

That is so true about how it was when I was a kid in the 60's and my neighborhood street was composed of the "Protestants", as they called it then, and the "Catholics." At the time, we were going to a Methodist  church (even then I was agnostic). We knew the Catholics because many of them went to the Catholic school where they wore uniforms, so they stood out. I was only in elementary school, however, I remember the-Catholic kids yelling across the street "you are going to Hell....and I said," no I'm not, because I don't believe in Hell!" I also recall saying "I believe in my Mom and Dad, sister and my cat!!"

Really, I was shy so I can't imagine who actually started it all. All I know is that I remember it. Tongue out

Once in high school, my best girlfriend wanted me to go to her Methodist church dance put on by a group called "Rainbow girls."  When she asked her Mom if I could go with her, her Mom looked me in the face and said "You can't go because you have to believe in God!."  I meekly said that I was not sure if there was a God. and she said to her daughter.....".that is why she can't go to the dance!" Her mother knew that I had been attending the Unitarian Universalist church with my family for a couple of years. I always remember how that made me feel.  I also remember feeling that I could not lie and say I believed in a supernatural being, if I really didn't.  In my family, truth was important.

Now, when I was raising my kids, I made sure that every belief was respected and my kids know one belief shouldn't be pushed on another, or put down for the sake of majority rules. Undecided  Also, we moved to a very diverse neighborhood and it was a wonderful change from the neighborhood I grew up in. 

So yes, as adults, we should have learned to respect and accept each other.  Thanks for bringing that up, Lang!

Namaste, Suzy 

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 23, 2009 - 10:11AM #33
Joyville2

Frank,

I was impressed with your last two posts and actually have copied them for future reference!!! Thanks for expounding on this idea, as I feel you've brought up an excellent way to continue this. 

I will actually try to use your ideas if I see an opportunity to include and invite atheists, agnostics, humanists,  nonbelievers where they have been silently left out in formal interfaith  invitations. I will most likely see an opportunity at my Unitarian Universalist church and will bring it up at my casual HAFA group there . (Humanists, Atheists, Free Thinkers, Agnostics) 

I checked out the COR site and am impressed!

Thanks so much. Innocent

Namaste, Suzy in Ohio

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 24, 2009 - 11:09PM #34
divalicious

I miss this sometimes...Thanks for the nod CLeo. I have to agree with you... You and I both got our asses handed to us, on many occasions.

sidebar  * Robby, what kind of crap are you smoking?

It pays to buy the good stuff *

End sidebar.

Look Frank, Robby gets a voice. One that for the most part, I find offensive. Not because his opinions differ from mine. (I'm not sure Robby has his own opinions...Captain cut and paste) It's his level of disrespect and hatred for fellow American citizens... the exact brand that created our current crisis- financial and otherwise. I would love to see you thump him on the head, at least as much as you thumped me. Thumped me good, while I happened to be correct.

You asked, I answered.

Divalicious 

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 25, 2009 - 12:00AM #35
Robby1957
blah .. blah .. blah . . . . . . .
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 25, 2009 - 12:57AM #36
Deano

"Sin Semilla" and dried up horse dung may have similar colors but not the same effect.

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 25, 2009 - 11:12AM #37
Joyville2

Hey Diva, I have missed you here! Money mouth

Robbie, are those your own words? "blah .. blah .. blah" May I  hold you to those words in the future?

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 25, 2009 - 1:18PM #38
divalicious

Good to be back Suzy. I missed you too.

Deano...Right? I'm just sayin ;) Shit in- shit out.

Divalicious 

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 25, 2009 - 6:29PM #39
CLeo

heeeeeehawwww,

Haven't heard Sin semilla referred as Sin semilla in some time now, not since I left Humboldt Co. Jeez, I miss Citizenzen!

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 4 of 4  •  Prev 1 2 3 4

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook