6 years ago  ::  Aug 12, 2008 - 9:47PM #1
Sheilafaye

Hi Lynn,

How can we tell what to expect personally from the Lunar Eclipse? For instance, my birthdate Sept.14, 1952, 2:30 PM, Campbell River, B.C. places my Moon in Leo as well as Pluto. My South Node is in Leo and my North Node in Aquarius, so it seems as though this eclipse might be quite significant for me but I don't know enough to know what to expect or how to use the energy wisely.

Sheila 

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Aug 13, 2008 - 9:19AM #2
Rossa

Like Sheila, I would like to ask how I can relate the position of the Lunar eclipse with my birth chart? Also how do I work out which house the eclipse will relate to and is that the position of the house at the time of my birth? Though the eclipse is in Aquarius we are currently in the sign of Leo.

I have my Sun, Mercury and Chiron in Aquarius with Venus conjunct in Pisces. Uranus is in Leo so there's more of a personal element in this for me.

Fi xx

PS How do I find out where my North and South Nodes are in my chart?

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Aug 13, 2008 - 7:38PM #3
LynnHayes

Sheila, Pluto is conjunct your South Node and the eclipse falls very close to that conjunction so this may in fact be a significant event for you.  It's virtually impossible to predict with any accuracy what is likely to happen, and you have some other planetary things going on at the same time (transiting Uranus to your Sun, creating recklessness and a desire for more authenticity in your life, and transiting Saturn square to your Mars, causing you to feel somewhat blocked and stifled.  I would espect, though, that you may find yourself experiencing an intensity of emotion that may be uncomfortable but if this does happen I encourage you to dive into it - there may be signals from your past (pluto/South Node) that have lessons to teach you now.

Rossa, your North Node is in Libra in the 8th house, South node is in Aries in the 2nd.  The Moon of the eclipse falls in your first house of personal identity while the Sun is in the seventh house.  For you the eclipse may bring out issues around expressing yourself in your relationships.

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Aug 13, 2008 - 9:24PM #4
Sheilafaye

Thank-you Lynn for your insight. It does feel like a 'portent' time. Like I'm pregnant with something!! Since the eclipse would also then be opposed to my North Node in Aquarius, which also rings freedom's bell, it could get pretty interesting around here!

If I've understood this...

Bless you for your time. Sheila 

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Aug 14, 2008 - 4:58AM #5
Budog

When is the Lunar Eclipse going to take place? And if you could elaborate in simple terms how it will effect me, I would greatly appreciate it.

4-15-61.  7:20 AM Los Angeles Ca. 

Budog. Tongue out

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Aug 15, 2008 - 5:36PM #6
Rossa

Thanks for the info about the nodes, Lynn.

I'm not in a personal relationship at the moment, so I think the eclipse may bring out more issues to do with myself through the 1st house. I noted the comments you made in your article about saturn's transit through Virgo about health issues. That may be where the issues are raised as I have been the classic comfort eater during the last 8 months of reduced activity and inertia. I guess it amounts to self-medication for depression around my feelings of lack of worth due to the loss of my work and inability to find anything (as yet) to replace it. Guess that also ties in with the healing aspects of my Chiron return too!

So on that note I'm off for a cup of tea (very English, I know) and a chocolate chip ginger snap biscuit (cookie). Only one I promise and at least it's homemade!

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Aug 15, 2008 - 7:08AM #7
LynnHayes

Enjoy that tea Rossa!

Roger - the eclipse is August 16th (Saturday) and will fall in your 2nd house of personal resources and 8th house of sex, death and taxes.  The eclipse is at the full moon which is an opposition of the Sun and Moon, and the Moon conjuncts Uranus in your chart that day with the Sun in opposition.  I would expect surprises, possibly a change in the way you view yourself and your own abilities (2nd house).

But again, eclipses don't affect everyone, and even when they do their effect is not immediately known.

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Aug 15, 2008 - 5:45PM #8
Rossa

When you say that the eclipse is an opposition of the Sun and Moon as I understand it the Earth comes between the Sun and the Moon and the Earth's shadow (with the Sun behind) causes the "shadow" across the face of the Moon which creates the Eclipse.

Still trying to get my head around this. In England it looks like the Eclipse is on Saturday night (GMT + 1 hour. which is British Summer Time) 16 August. Good old time zones. There's always a debate in our media every year whether or not to bring the UK into line with Europe.

Won't see the Eclipse from here as only seen further East though I guess it'll still be felt by those affected. I'm going to do some work this weekend with a healer I know on identity issues.....a good 1st House theme to work on.

Happy weekend to everyone.

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Aug 18, 2008 - 7:04AM #9
LynnHayes
Some people say that the eclipse is felt most strongly where it is actually seen.  I don't really believe that - I feel that it is strongest when it aspects something in our chart.  We don't see Pluto transits but we experience them nevertheless! 
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook