Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next
6 years ago  ::  Aug 04, 2008 - 7:03PM #1
Lebella
Dear Lynn,

I'm hoping you can give me some advice regarding any effect the recent Solar Eclipse with the New Moon in Leo may have had on my relationship with my son.  My son is home for the summer from college.  We got into a horrible fight nearly 4 weeks ago and I haven't seen or talked to him since (he's staying with relatives).  I feel terrible for the part I played in the fight.  For some reason we clash in the worst way and I would do anything to have a better relationship with him, I just don't know how.  Although we have difficulties relating to each other, things have never been this bad.  I've been reading about the Solar Eclipse and wonder if it played any part in this situation? 

Is there any hope for our relationship?  (I'm a sensitive Pisces and he's a proud Leo w/Leo rising)  Any advice or guidance would be appreciated as he's the most important person in my life.

Thank you for your time and consideration.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Aug 06, 2008 - 9:41AM #2
LynnHayes

Lebella, the eclipse actually was affecting the charts of both you and your son.  He has the Sun in Leo and it is exactly square to Scorpio Pluto at 7 degrees.  You have the Moon in Taurus at 8 degrees nearly exactly opposite your Ascendant at 9 degrees Scorpio.

It's not uncommon for family members to have tight aspects that conflict between their charts.  My Mars (aggression and anger) is exactly opposite both my mother's and my sister's Suns, and we have had lots of flareups over the years.  It helps to understand what the nature of the dynamic is.

Your son has Leo rising and three planets in Leo including the Sun, Vernus and Mars so he is a strong, strong Leo character.  He needs a lot of attention, admiration, validation.  That Pluto/Sun square in his chart gives him an intensity of emotion that he wouldn't otherwise have. 

You are more sensitive than he is with your Sun in Pisces, and your Scorpio ascendant gives you an intensity that can match your son's.  Plus, Uranus and Pluto are conjunct in your chart and they oppose your Sun, which adds an extra layer of intensity and challenge.  So both you and your son can be very intense

The eclipse at 9 degrees Leo made a square to your Moon and Ascendant, and to his Sun so it sounds like it illuminated the challenging energies that clash between you.  With your Moon opposite the Ascendant (personal identity) and Chiron (wounding and healing) conjunct the Sun (Self) in your chart, it appears that it can be challenging for you to feel strong in your own Self.  I suspect that the relationship with your son feeds that inner feeling within you and that this eclipse brought out those feelings.

Of course there is hope for the relationship, but each of you need to recognize that the other is a completely different individual, with very different needs and motivations.  All of us when we're 20-21 go through a very difficult period when transiting Saturn makes a square to Saturn in our chart, and transiting Uranus makes a square to Uranus in our chart.  Saturn brings difficulties and challenges, and Uranus brings rebellion and a fevered desire to do something different.  This is not a time that he'll be able to be sensitive to your needs, which I think he usually is (his Moon is in Libra which is geared towards achieving harmony). 

You have your own Uranus transits going on right now, so you are ready for a big change and are likely feeling restless and wanting to create something new in your life.  Communication is the key, as in all relationship issues - communication, avoiding the temptation to blame the other person, and working towards understanding what each of you needs.

I hope this helps Lebella!

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Aug 06, 2008 - 7:56PM #3
Lebella

Dear Lynn,

Thank you so much for your analysis and advice.  Everything you say makes sense to me and only furthers my interest in learning more about astrology.  I really admire your skills here and would love to one day be able to understand and compair birth charts.  Reparing my relationship with my son is most important to me.  But I have to admit sometimes I'm baffled by myself and understanding my own chart might be a good place to start ;-)

I look forward to the future postings of this group and to learning more!

Thanks again for taking the time to reply to my post!

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Aug 07, 2008 - 9:37AM #4
crystalwolf*
I'm hoping for some advice also. 8 years ago, I got divorced met a special person and all seemed well. In 2003 my health started to change from a medication I was taking. It is now changed for the worse, and through this all I feel I've lost touch with my spirital side, and healing modalities etc. I would like to know if there is "light at the end of the tunnel" soon. I'm not sure if I need to post my BD info. It is on the intro posting. I've never asked for help in a public forum, and apreciate any help...thank you, blessings,  Laura
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Aug 07, 2008 - 7:00PM #5
LynnHayes

Hi Laura - I did find your birth info in the introductions.  One thing I notice is that your Chiron is in the sixth house which is the house of health and daily routines, as well as the work environment.  People with Chiron in the sixth house do tend to have health issues when their lives are not in balance. 

Back in 2000 transiting Neptune began a long passage in a square to the Leo planets in your chart, beginning with Mercury in 2000-2001, then the Sun in 2001-2002, then Saturn starting in in February-March 2003. 

then Neptune was within 1 degree of a square to Saturn in your chart between May 2003 and January 2004, which was probably pretty intense.  Saturn in our chart shows where we work on building structures and Neptune wants to dissolve them and that can be very destabilizing.

Just when that was behind you your Chiron return (when transiting Chiron returns to its place in our birthchart) in April of 2004 and transiting Saturn was opposite Chiron at the time so both of them were working on your health and your body/mind connection.  I'm sure this was very challenging and the Neptune influence would have added a level of mystery and illusion that likely made it difficult to find your way.

Then over the past year or two transiting Saturn has squared all of your Scorpio planets and Pluto was conjunct your Moon.  So yes, it's not surprising that this has been a challenging time for you!!  But the bulk of the difficulty is over.

You may have some residual patterns of behavior and thinking that will need to be adjusted because your old constructs will no longer work with all of the changes you've been through. Saturn is completing a harmonious transit (sextile) to your Sun which will help you to complete the transformation.

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Aug 08, 2008 - 2:21PM #6
crystalwolf*

Dear Lynn,  Wow! Thank you so much! To validate a couple of things here, from 2000-2003 I was rx a drug that, people are now suing the company about. This drugs implication's did not come to light for me until 2006. 2003-2004My dad in a nursing home and I took care of his finances and house for him, I also lost my Son's Father to cancer in June O4.  I Dec. 05 I lost my beloved Dog, and in Sep 06 was dx hypothyroid and march of 07 diabetes (from the drug) In Dec 2007 my house I rent was sold and kind of living in limbo until the new landlord decides what he's going to do.   I'm so glad there is light at the end of the tunnel Lynn...I'm going to take this and study it closely. I am interested in learning about transits and medical astrology also.   I know first I need to know basics. I'm hoping to learn from your forum here Lynn. Again Thank you & Blessings...Laura

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Aug 10, 2008 - 2:18AM #7
Neptune Rising

Hey Lynn,

While I feel more than comfortable reading charts, I'm not experienced in anything besides that. 

I have a friend that I have a very unique relationship with and it creates many questions and pretty much no answers. I have learned a little bit about people's charts creating yods together but I have no idea how to look for it or anything else really. I'm just wondering if you see anything that jumps out at you. I have no experience in transits and it seems like we go through phases. Very recently our relationship has been intense after a long cooling period. His info is May 7th, 1982 1:55pm in San Jose, CA.  I believe you already know mine. He is never really honest about his feelings and contradicts himself a lot. If you can give me any insight I would really appreciate it!

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Aug 11, 2008 - 11:26PM #8
angellface
What is a YOD and why is it important?
Be gentle with yourself and as Gandi said: "Be the change you want to see in others" and I add the world around you will change.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Aug 12, 2008 - 6:34AM #9
Neptune Rising

A YOD is an aspect pattern formed when you have 2 planets that are sextile and a third planet is opposite their midpoint, the third planet making 150 degree angles to the other two planets. When you look at it and draw lines it makes a Y shape (the top part of the Y being the sextile planets and the bottom part being the third) and it's also nicknamed "the finger of God." The energy of the two sextile planets seems to be directed to the third planet.

From what I have learned YODs are mysterious and don't have a set specific meaning for everyone, it's different for everyone. I have a YOD in my own chart with my Venus and Mars creating the sextile aspect and Pluto being opposite their midpoint. My info is May 18th, 1985 at 10:28 pm in San Diego, CA if you want to look at where it is.

A YODs effect seems to be "fated" or show a special destiny. I personally want to learn more about what happens when two people's charts create a YOD and how that affects them when they are around each other. I don't even know how to look at charts together. :(

I'm sure Lynn could explain it better than I did, but I tried my best! :D 

Edit: So I tried to change the font because it made the Y look different, but it wouldn't let me so...it's supposed to be like this: Y That's what the aspect pattern looks like.

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Aug 15, 2008 - 6:57AM #10
LynnHayes

The Yod is an advanced concept that really shouldn't be taken into account until we completely understand what the simpler aspects are and do.  I think people exaggerate the importance of Yods because of its appellation as the "Finger of Fate." That has led some to think that if they have a Yod in their chart they are somehow special and unique. 

The Yod is an interesting configuration because of the two planets in quincunx(150 degree aspects) that put pressure on the apex planet without talking to each other.  This  is what creates the relentless pressure towards greater understanding of what the apex planet is all about.

Neptune, please provide your birth data again here and I'll take a look at your relationship question.  I'm still trying to find a way to post our charts. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook