Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

Switch to Forum Live View Will Animal and People Live in an Enlightened World?
10 years ago  ::  May 15, 2008 - 10:58AM #1
AngelAnimals

In her book, The Bonesetter's Daughter, author Amy Tan writes, "I was like a turtle lying on its back, struggling to know why the world was upside down." How likely is it that much of the world is like that turtle, trying to view the complex animal-human relationship from a perspective that only yields false results?

In an enlightened world the veil would be lifted, and golden threads that connect all life would become visible.

In an enlightened world you would communicate easily with species that have lived on this earth longer than people, can move about it more freely, and view life in an entirely unique way. Animals would become a valued resource for decision-making, health, and happiness.

In an enlightened world there would be no doubt that the souls of animals survive death and move on into an afterlife. You would be comforted in the knowledge that you'll be reunited with those who have placed their indelible paw prints upon your heart.

Even though you personally may be enlightened about your spiritual connection with animals, unfortunately we're not living in an enlightened world--yet.

In our opinion future generations will look back on our modern-day era and ask, "Can you believe back then people actually didn't know that animals are souls?" Our cultures will seem as primitive as previous periods in history when one class, society, clan, or tribe looked down on, treated cruelly, or subjugated another and justified their actions with the viewpoint that the enslaved had no feelings, no ability to care for themselves or to make choices, no awareness, no souls. Today's humans will appear to be arrogant people who confused the power to dominate with being superior to those who fell under their rule.

We invite you to reflect on the following questions. Observe how you and your special animal friends have served as spiritual catalysts for each other.

What have animals contributed to your physical, mental, and emotional health?

How have your sacred companions transformed you into a more whole and complete spiritual being?

Why and when animals have entered your life?

Could you have soul agreements with them?

What do you think are the promises you might have made to one another before entering this world?

Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  May 15, 2008 - 9:20PM #2
irishwings

Hi There.When I'm outside with our cattle and buffalo,such a feeling of peace washes over me and the world outside becomes quiet.There is nothing present but the moments when all else is at bay except being among this and nature.My mind is clear and calm.I have a heart condition and I'm so calm,it doesn't exist in these moments.I'm more whole as patience,and vulnerability comes forward,in realizing that love makes this possible.I know that Leo,my poochie has entered my life for a valuable reason.I was an abused child growing up and my mom got rid of my two dogs on two separate occasions.One she set loose,which he was captured by a dog catcher and put down, the other she gave to my cousin,when I wasn't home.This cruelty has never been forgotten by me and the excruciating pain it gave my heart has no words to describe it. Then as an adult,today,I received Leo,my Cockapoo from my partner as a birthday gift.I loved him from day one,but that inner core of my heart remained closed to him because of my childhood trauma.Leo opened the doors of my heart and he gave to me what I couldn't give to myself,trust and replacement of my pain.He helped to make me whole again.I think I already have a soul agreement with him as he knows me so well!! Before entering this world,I have had to go through what I did in order to appreciate what I now have.I think he was waiting for me to catch up and I did.Now we are together.My life wouldn't be the same without my,"doodle." Blessings,Irish \o/

Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  May 16, 2008 - 4:00PM #3
AngelAnimals

Dear Irish,

Thank you so much for sharing yourself, your thoughts, and your experiences on this question.  You're an inspiration.  We deeply appreciate it and we know others may gain a better understanding about the idea of living in an enlightened world after reading your words. --Allen and Linda 

Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  May 16, 2008 - 9:49PM #4
angelfeather1
I could not imagine my life without animals,i have been trying to give my granddaughters the  knowledge that animals need our protection, respect and help to survive this world.They are only little but already my 5 yr old says she wants to save the animals when she grows up.And to think that animals have no souls,all you have to do is look in their eyes and know that they do,when i hear people talk so dispassionately about these beautiful creatures it just hurts my heart.All my animals have brought such unconditional love into our lives.I loved them all,but 1 was my heart his name was Bubba he was a black chow,he was such a special boy ,i cannot tell you why he just made my life differant,i lost him 6yrs ago at 13 yrs of age and i miss him as much to day as i did then. We can hope and try to enlighten the world.But it will take alot of effert and time.There are many that don't respect ,have no compassion ,and just don't care.As one who worked in a shelter i know the power of love,and how it can change lives Angel Blessings Sheila
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  May 21, 2008 - 1:54PM #5
AngelAnimals

Dear Sheila (angelfeather1),

Thank you so much for your thoughtful comment!  The work you do in the shelter does so much good.  We've volunteered in local shelters and while it is a slow process, the power of love as you wrote can change lives.  --Allen and Linda

Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  May 23, 2008 - 3:24PM #6
irishwings
Yesterday,Leo let me know he needed a drink....out of my water bottle.A dog dish is not for him.So I squirted the water out,to which he put his mouth too it and drank from it.It is now his water bottle and the water dish is retired when we travel or are outside. He lets me know he needs a drink,he'll bark at me,take my hand in his mouth and take me to the truck to get him a drink,when we are out in the field or outside.Little stinker,he is!!! Blessings,Irish \o/.
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook