Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

10 years ago  ::  Jan 31, 2008 - 12:37PM #1
jjdenise
i just got a 3 yr old kitty from the humane center and well have not seen much of him because when i got him home he ran under the bed and only comes out at night, can someone help me change him from a night kitty to a day kitty he is cery beatiful and would like to see more of him , my husband has not seen him yet pray that he excepts my little kitty thow i dont see him much i realy have fallen in love with him in the 3 days i have had him thank you
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Feb 25, 2008 - 12:13PM #2
Debbieand Snooker
Try putting his food out a few feet away from his hiding place  during the day and picking it up at night,once he realizes that he can only have food during the day when the dish is out he will come out. As time goes on,move it further away. He will be skittish at first,so it is best to try to keep your distance and be quiet while he is out.
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Feb 28, 2008 - 9:05AM #3
DaBlueEyez

As a cat lover, passing a few words of wisdom. It will be a few days to a month for the little kitty to come around, he/ she is proably studying the atmosphere in your home to what is expected and unexpected. The word is, adjusting to a new environment in someone's home, all cats are different, some take longer because they have fear of something perhaps bad memories. I am pretty sure you will see little kitty come out, give him/ her time and patience...Talk to him/ her, say here's your food/ water....

I agree with someone who says in terms of 'coaching little kitty to come out of her/ his hiding place...

Happiness always! Wink

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook