Switch to Forum Live View Do you have a kitty alarm clock?
6 years ago  ::  Jan 31, 2008 - 11:48AM #1
AngelAnimals

Do you have a kitty alarm clock?

We are fortunate to have an alarm clock with gentle emerald eyes, velvety black and white fur, and a pink tongue. Her name is Cuddles.

Cuddles

CUDDLES

Each morning, about a minute before the backup electronic alarm clock rings, Cuddles begins licking our fingers to awaken us. We challenge anyone to come up with a sweeter way to start the day.

Regardless of what hour we have set the alarm, Cuddles knows it is time. Each year she gets befuddled for a few days when daylight savings time causes the country to change its sleeping habits. She wakes us up for awhile when it used to be six o'clock in the morning. Then we have to remind her that humans have decided the day should start an hour earlier or later. Amazingly she always makes the transition!

Alarm Clock Cuddles is especially great at catnaps. Before one of us takes a nap, all we have to do is say, "Cuddles, I only want to sleep for twenty minutes." Twenty minutes on the dot, Cuddles does her wake-up call.

We have no idea how she connects so skillfully with human time and our needs for exactly the right amount of sleep. After all these years, we just fill our hearts with gratitude for her and fall asleep knowing that our kitty has chosen this unique and helpful way of giving service.

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Feb 28, 2008 - 9:12AM #2
DaBlueEyez
I can relate to a kitty alarm clock. My dear Long-haired Orange Male Tabby, Spike used to be my alarm clock, he would beat to it, by pawing my face, once yowled in my ears, and other times he would pounce on my butt. I miss him, he was put down after living his life 18 yrs, with kidney failure. One day I will adopt another cat when I am ready with a good job and salary to afford vet's visit, food, litter and whole lotta fun learning something from a adopt cat...Wink
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Feb 28, 2008 - 1:08PM #3
AngelAnimals
Hi DaBlueEyez--Your wonderful cat Spike sounds like the best alarm clock ever. Hopefully the day will soon come when you can have more kitty love in your home.--Linda & Allen Anderson
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Mar 08, 2008 - 10:57AM #4
oceansdaughter
Yes, we have a foster cat that we are keeping long term for a friend, his name is Shadow.  I have often been gently awakened when Shadow takes his paw very softly and pats me on the face or hair, when I open my eyes he is staring at me with his big blue eyes.  Normally he sleeps at the foot of the bed and never wakes me except in the morning.  We have had many cats over the years, but this is the first time I saw this kind of behavior, he is part Siamese and retrives things around the house which he takes from one place to another, even up the stairs.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Mar 08, 2008 - 8:03PM #5
stardustiam
When the alarm goes off, or when I get up in the morning, my beloved Casey turns his head and gives me "the look".  He's not a morning cat.  No, I don't have a kitty alarm clock!!  LOL
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook