Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

Switch to Forum Live View How do they ever get the animal and the person to CALMLY look into the camera with pleasant...
10 years ago  ::  Jan 18, 2008 - 11:03AM #1
AngelAnimals

We enjoy taking photographs of our pets and sending them to friends and family. Today, we tried to get a good photo of Allen and our dog Leaf. With Linda as the photographer, it was somewhat of a disaster.

We have great admiration for good animal photographers. How do they ever get the animal and the person to CALMLY look into the camera with pleasant expressions on their faces at the same time? It's a mystery to us. When Leaf looks directly into the camera, the glint of light turns red in his eyes. If he looks at Allen, his cute profile is fun to see. His eyes with their unique expressions, though, aren't clear in a side view.

After putting up with us for about fifteen minutes of hassle, Leaf found a solution. He licked Allen's nose, then turned, and stuck out his big, pink tongue at the camera. So there!

On the other hand, our cat Cuddles poses like a runway model. She's the ultimate beauty, posturing for the camera, arching her back, and gazing contentedly toward the lens.

How do you ever get the animal and the person to CALMLY look into the camera with pleasant expressions on their faces at the same time?

Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Jan 18, 2008 - 8:53PM #2
Linda Hutchison

I have the same problem but with a cat. Everytime I try and take a picture of my hubby and cat, the cat wants to attack the camera. Does anyone have a solution for that? I would appreciate it. By the way, my cat is mostly Simese and has an attitude!!

Some computers, like mine, will take the red out of the eyes. Check your instruction booklet and maybe that will help. I hope so. God Bless!

Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Jan 31, 2008 - 10:26AM #3
AngelAnimals

Hi Linda-- Thanks for your advice about taking photos. Have you tried waving a favorite toy in a spot away from the camera so her attention goes there? She won't be looking directly at the camera but at least, you'll be able to snap a picture. What do you think? -- Linda & Allen Anderson

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook